Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non ethanol gas locations?

For those of us in northern Utah, there are two locations that I am aware of, one is a small little station across the street and south of Cal Ranch in Farr west, they take a credit card and I think is a 24 hour place, no attendants.

The other is at the old car kwik at 7th street and Washington Blvd in Ogden.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Kokaholic; The other is at the old car kwik at 7th street and Washington Blvd in Ogden.
    That's good to know Mark. I usually go to the one across from Cal Ranch. Both locations are not far from me. There is also 2 more in Logan at a Sinclair station, 1070W 200N and at 1436N 1200E, Phillips 66.

Filled up my little boat and a spare 5gal can at a little store close to my home in Gig Harbor WA.

Island View Store on Ray Nash Drive. Filled up on Friday and the price was not too bad for a little store with PURE gas....$3.87
    very nice and historic little store. Spoke with the owner and he is committed to providing PURE gas.

I still added a bit of star brite to the fuel to clean out any varnish...but more so if I have to store it for a while in the can I filled. Can't hurt..and it's cheap insurance.

My older Honda outboard LOVED it..ran smooth and strong.

I'm sure it's been posted before but here is the website that lists all the stations for US and Canada. (this is where I found my local spot)
    http://pure-gas.org/

Cennex in Nyssa Oregon

NEW Non Ethanol station (Pump) in Fife WA. (Right by where I work )

APP fueling site
    Across the street from:
    2511 70th Ave E
    Fife, WA 98424

Way Side Gas in Battle Ground WA carries non ethanol gas

I know of three places in the upper Idaho panhandle.

Sandpoint: Co-op Country Store. Head north out of town to Ponderay, take the first right after the intersection. If you stayed on US95, first right after the overpass.

Bonners Ferry: Dyck's Exxon, on the northbound side of Main St. on the south hill, right at the only stoplight in town. Ethanol-free gas is in a separate pump that requires a fuel card or cash paid inside. Been a few years since I've bought fuel there, may have changed. Also has towing and full service shop. Major repairs, AC, tires, simple maintenance, and exhaust. My preferred shop for things too complicated for me, such as pulling the dash, or welding that doesn't look like it was done by a blindfolded ape.

South Hill Chevron (formally Liberty Fuel), on the southbound side of Main St., one of the first businesses you see when you reach the top of the hill heading south. All premium is ethanol-free. A favorite place for Canadians to fuel up their boats en-route to the three big lakes. Great junk food from the hot case and best beer selection/prices in town too! Full walk-in beer cooler. Single bay repair shop, independent of station owner (he just leases the garage to a local mechanic).
    Last edited by TheLastViking; 08-09-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    For those of us in northern Utah, there are two locations that I am aware of, one is a small little station across the street and south of Cal Ranch in Farr west, they take a credit card and I think is a 24 hour place, no attendants.

The other is at the old car kwik at 7th street and Washington Blvd in Ogden.
    Update-The small station across from Cal-Ranch is CFN. Since the Maverik station on 2700N exit 349 from I-15 Farr West City has been rebuilt is now carrying non-ethanol gas at pumps behind store.

Quote Originally Posted by Torres View Post
    Normally I do my research before asking but here it goes, does anyone know of an additive you can buy at a parts store or supermarket that would offset the negative effects of ethanol.

Would Sta Bil do the trick?

From what you gents are saying here is that it sounds like the only way to go is non ethanol period.

Any thoughts on this??
    I will try to be brief but there is a lot of misinformation out there. All Gas begins to breakdown the minute it leaves the refinery, it has nothing to do with ethanol which is not added until just before it is delivered to the service station. Additives only help preserve the "freshness" of the fuel. They have virtually no affect on ethanol in the fuel; some even contain more alcohol. They will not fix gas including E-10 gas that has gone bad....either by being too old or contaminated with TOO MUCH water (water and E-10 is another story that needs explaining another time). I highly recommend using a stabilizer in all gas. I also do not recommend storing any gas more than about 6 months....with extra stabilizer maybe a year.
    Next, E10 has some problems but it is not bad for engines with the "possible" exception that it could interfere with 2 cycle oil and that is why most small 2 cycle motor mfgs. (chain saw size) recommend not using it.
    There is a whole lot more info I could provide but for this thread lets just say fresh E10 with a stabilizer does no harm to engines and using E-0 is not necessary. I don't like it for a bunch of other reasons but it is OK to use in your boat. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I believe most of them have a limited understanding of the whole situation.
    And No I don't work for the oil or alcohol companies. LOL
    Last edited by LesB; 04-18-2015 at 01:22 PM.

For those coming through Pinedale Wyoming the Conoco Philips 66 on the west end of town has non ethenol premium fuel. That is where I get all of my fuel for my small engines, atv's, boats, ect.

Default non ethanol gas

6135 s. 5600 west in Kearns UT (SLC). The name of the station is Murphy Express, looks like non ethanol fuel is available at all pumps. Glad to see a station close by for a change.

More & more stations here in northern Utah are selling non-ethanol gas. I've seen a few new Maverik stations recently built that now has dedicated tanks for non-ethanol. Its gotten to almost the situation you don't have to go look for one anymore but will run across one as you head out to your destination.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default Torres

I was lead to believe that ethanol also effect your rubber hoses etc.on and in your motors Over time. I do use an additive also, only use non ethanol fuel it's more per gallon, but the higher octane give me better mileage. I have had my sled for almost 10 years. I like to stay with things that work for me so far so good,but I keep my fingers crossed.

Default fuel issues

Your fuel lines will begin to delaminate over time, plugging screens and filters. I think the best way around all these fuel issues is to just go back to using 6 gal tanks which forces you to always have fresh fuel for your motors. My boat for example has a 37 gal tank, that's ridiculous I never need that much fuel yet they tell you to fill your tanks all the way up before you store them for the winter....that's great except that it takes me 3 months or better to burn through much of it, heck by that time the fuel is 9 months old. no wonder I just spent $1700 on repairs. And yes, I do use non-ethanol fuel and stable.

Ethanol affecting fuel lines is a somewhat old story. It was primarily a problem when ethanol was first being used. Fuel line makers have since started making ethanol resistant lines.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Default Fuel lines

I've had to replace my lines and bulbs every other year. I've done it myself as well as had 2 boat shops do it. Every time I've had the hose interior cracked and breaking apart. The first time I had it done they were planning on a bunch of repair work to fix my motor that would stall after leaving the launch. Cut those lines open and they looked like sphagetti inside. My boat being an outboard has the lines exposed and maybe that increases the problem. Either way I just change them on schedule now.

Bill

Here is a little something to consider also with ethanol fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeCyFxoWPpo
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Fuel lines are only part of the problem, the constant accumulation of water in the fuel is terrible for engine components and performance. That said, I totally get why "some" fishermen need larger fuel tanks if they have large engines and are going off shore and/or making long runs to fishing grounds, but for the "average" person any fuel tank larger than about 12 gallons is just too big. In my opinion, manufactures need to take a hard look at the size of fuel tanks they are putting in boats, understanding that the "average" person might use their boat 6 months out of the year (and that's being generous). The rest of the time it sits on the side of the house, in a garage etc. I've stopped using stabile and have gone to using star tron hope I get better results.

I used to have a lot of issues with starting motors in the Spring using ethanol gas. Switched 2 years ago to non ethanol and the problems went away. We have three stations in McCall ID that sell non ethanol.

Default fuel issues

paid $4.99 a gallon yesterday for the good stuff here in Vancouver....ouch! but better to have motors running then sitting in the shop getting repaired come April

Quote Originally Posted by kokaguy1 View Post
    paid $4.99 a gallon yesterday for the good stuff here in Vancouver....ouch! but better to have motors running then sitting in the shop getting repaired come April
    Canada gas is too confusing between their measurement system and dollar conversion.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Our area in Utah now has many non ethanol stations. I haven't been able to find anything above 88 octane rating. I can find 91 octane in places in Idaho.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Rodger, My nephew was saying that the station across from the Cal Ranch has 91 octane? I questioned him and asked if he was sure and he said, yep I run it in my sleds and bikes.

I have not been by to check it for my self?

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    Rodger, My nephew was saying that the station across from the Cal Ranch has 91 octane? I questioned him and asked if he was sure and he said, yep I run it in my sleds and bikes.

I have not been by to check it for my self?
    Thanks Aaron, That good to know. I use to gas up there but remember it as 88 octane and before all of the other stations started going in. Time to go back
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Here are all of the locations in one handy spot you can pull up by state https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=UT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12