Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Blue Mesa Kokanee Fishing Report

Trolling might be the ticket early, but come about 9 I would be on the jigging rods. Me and my dad fished both days this last weekend and managed to put a few 2 man limits in the cooler. 75-95ft and schools aren’t real hard to find, although I wonder how long they will stick around. Weather permitting I will be there Sunday. Maybe I’ll see you there.
    Good luck to ya!!!

Default First day on THE Blue Mesa

Well we made it out to the lake today and saw a fellow forum member. Looked like knew what he was doing.
    I’ll let him give the report since Mom and I didn’t eve get bumped pewee the smell as in skunked.🤬. Fish are acting weird guess it must have been the full moon last night.
    CH at The Blue Mesa.
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

The full moon should drive most these fish up the river. The fish were acting really weird yesterday morning. They wouldn’t sit still...which is typical early in the morning but yesterday it was at least 11am before we could sit on a school longer than 10mins. I think they are all ready to go party up river. They weren’t spooking away, they were just moving around a lot.. My dad and I did meet Cofisherman as well. He has one sweet boat!!! Good luck to ya on the rest of your trip!!
    We did get over one nice school just as wind started picking up and finally left with 8 fish.
    Jigging season was better than I expected after a slow trolling season. But I think I have made my last trip to “the blue” for this year or until ice season.

Cofisherman....you have a private message!!

Default End of Season

Nothing says the season is over like putting the winter cover on a winterized boat, which was yesterday's project for us.

While I feel like we had a winning fishing season at our house, it was a hard fought year. At the start of the season I was on oxygen 24/7 and everything was a little more complicated. When we weren't fishing as much as we would have liked, and couldn't give much in the way of fishing reports, several of you posted on your trips. Thank you, I enjoyed reading your reports and they helped us catch more fish on our next trip. By jigging season I was breathing well at 8000 ft but my hip, which I had earlier scheduled for replacement on Nov 12 so as not to mess up the fishing season, was causing more discomfort, so we didn't fish as much. Besides, we had some big projects to handle at home that competed with fishing time, and the projects won out over slow fishing at Blue Mesa. Again, reports from a bunch of you helped the rest of us do better at jigging and fishing at Blue Mesa. Again, my thanks.

We managed 2 weeks in the spring and 1 week in the fall camping up the San Juan at Lake Powell. Fishing for us was just as slow at Lake Powell as it was at Blue Mesa, but we didn't really care that much, and had a wonderful time anyway. Looking back, I can't say we had a single hot day of fishing this year at BM or LP, and we didn't even have very many good days. But a season of mediocre fishing is way better than not fishing at all, and we went fishing this summer. I hope you did too. Lets all fish more days and catch more fish next year.

Kokanee64
    Last edited by kokanee64; 10-17-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Mediocre fishing days is God’s way of humbling us and showing us just how spoiled we get. I was able to catch a couple of bucket list fish this year, Tarpon, Dorado and Tuna. The rest of the season did seem rather average or maybe just below that but lots of good memories were still made. We also added a member to the crew this summer, Bella the wonder dog. That was a first for me too.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Sounds like you did good just getting on the water! Hope your hip is better next year and makes it easier to get around! Thanks for reporting!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234