Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

I caught a 8.5 lb chinook at Anderson a few days ago and the meat was red

Nice!! Was he deep? I have caught mine in mid'summer with most at 60 feet on the wire. Betting you were deeper. Mind if I ask which general area of the reservoir? Mike

90 ft around the Dam

Thanks, rem. Enjoy all that chinook!! Mike

Default Lures?

I went out last week hoping to hook Chinook and did not get a hit. Did catch 1 12" Kok and a 12" rainbow. We tried big spoons. What is the best lure for Anderson Chinook? Also wanted to add that the Elk Creek ramp at the dam was down to the parking block at the end of the ramp I would not count on using the ramp there. My trailer wheels were against them when loading my boat.

Default Lures

Herring--cutt plug
    Lyman lures--november plug
    southport slammer-- golden spoon--3-4" long

Default lures

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    Herring--cutt plug
    Lyman lures--november plug
    southport slammer-- golden spoon--3-4" long
    Thank You! Rem.

Default 9-22

Fished from Curlew down to Fall creek area then ran back at speed. Got several SMB, 1 perch, 1 rainbow, and about 8 kokes (brother took them, didn't get a final count). Most of the kokes were in really good shape and around 11-12 inches.
    Gives me hope for a good season of nice sized fish next year. Hot pink mini-reaction squide behind gold holo flake UV dodger seemed to produce the most hits.

Is it just me, or is everyone catching SMBs on Kokanee gear this year? I've caught quite a few.

Tight lines guys!

Default Anderson docks at Curlew report

Just talked to the Boise National Forest office in Mountain Home, and they informed me that they finally got the money to repair the docks at Curlew this past July. They had to go begging to the county, because Washington has cut their funding dramatically, and they couldn't find the funding necessary. They are now waiting for the float replacements to arrive, and they also need to do some welding. They are hoping the weather doesn't turn, and can get the docks in this fall. Mike

Will they leave them all winter?

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Will they leave them all winter?
    good question. should have asked!

Fished from Curlew down to Fall creek area then ran back at speed. Got several SMB, 1 perch, 1 rainbow, and about 8 kokes (brother took them, didn't get a final count). Most of the kokes were in really good shape and around 11-12 inches.
    Gives me hope for a good season of nice sized fish next year. Hot pink mini-reaction squide behind gold holo flake UV dodger seemed to produce the most hits.

Is it just me, or is everyone catching SMBs on Kokanee gear this year? I've caught quite a few.

Tight lines guys!

Hey Hooker,

I've had the same experience regarding SMB on Arrowrock. I don't think it's all that uncommon during the Fall. They are stocking up for colder weather.

Default Caught only one

Went out last Sunday and only got one koke, first time with a down rigger and still had a blast, the wind was really up. Hoping to go again on Saturday and may try around curlew instead of the dam area.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

I'm leaning towards being there on both Friday and Saturday. Curlew area. Hope I can do better than 1. Lol.

If you see Miss Belle and I, say hello.

I'm leaning towards being there on both Friday and Saturday. Curlew area. Hope I can do better than 1. Lol.

If you see Miss Belle and I, say hello.
    I will look for you I am on a Sea Eagle Fold cat inflatable.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    I will look for you I am on a Sea Eagle Fold cat inflatable.
    Were you in Cascade on Friday?

Default Not me

No I was not. I know there are a couple of the older grey fold cats in that area as I have seen them at horse thief. Mine is the newer green.

Interesting. I saw a newer green one in Cascade on Friday.

Default Water level at Pine

Does anyone know if you can launch at Pine? Is the water level that high?

Thanks

Interesting. I saw a newer green one in Cascade on Friday.
    They seem to be gaining in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4life View Post
    Does anyone know if you can launch at Pine? Is the water level that high?

Thanks
    https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/boipaytea.html

Is this helpful website helpful? Not having been to the ranch in about a month, I have an opinion, but take it with a grain of salt.

I doubt if any of the ramps other than the one closest to the dam are still in the water. I do believe most people could still launch most boats at Curlew even if the ramp is not in the water, but if your skill level is low it might prove difficult. I will launch mine at Curlew tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Thanks that is what I expected. I guess I'll try it also.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4life View Post
    Thanks that is what I expected. I guess I'll try it also.
    https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/boipaytea.html

Is this helpful website helpful? Not having been to the ranch in about a month, I have an opinion, but take it with a grain of salt.

I doubt if any of the ramps other than the one closest to the dam are still in the water. I do believe most people could still launch most boats at Curlew even if the ramp is not in the water, but if your skill level is low it might prove difficult. I will launch mine at Curlew tomorrow if all goes as planned.
    You can use same site as reservoir levels and arrow down and find boat ramps. Go to boise district, then go too Anderson and there ya have it.. Hope this makes sense.

That is very helpful. thanks

Default A few Kokes yesterday

I went out to the dam area yesterday and in three hours got 5 kokes, one chinook, 1 small trout with really pink meat, and one SMB. I would have probably gotten more, but decided to explore a bit and went up the lake and was not marking any fish on the finder in that area.

Love the Kokabow Comet dodger and fools gold squid combo, they worked well. Fished at 65ft.

Two of the kokes were white meat, which Allen with Kokabow was telling me about, not sure why they are not getting the pink meat, but at least I have three for the smoker. The chinook was small but very pink meat.

If anyone finds a two piece aluminum oar that is in two pieces I lost mine somewhere on the lake.
    Last edited by dwood; 10-21-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast