Thread: Kokanee salmon fishing report Lake Tahoe

Default Kokanee salmon fishing report Lake Tahoe

Well fishing was good this morning, we caught 4 nice size Kokanee. We also lost 3 more just couldn’t keep them on the hook that’s fishing. The fish seemed to be suspended we had the down riggers set to 45 and 55 feet we had the other two stacked at 100 feet. Only caught fish at 45 and 55 feet. They seem to like the corn with shrimp oil. We used a pink polka-dotted doggers with a pink hoochie lure. Well headed back tomorrow trying for some lake trout first then more Kokanee
    Last edited by Pappy; 07-25-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Default Lake Tahoe fishing report

Well no lake trout but caught 4 Kokanee and lost 3. Same story catching them in 55 feet of water with a orange hoochie lure with shrimp oil corn. Haven’t seen to many boats fishing for the Kokanee this year most boats seem to-be constraining on the lake trout in front of state line. Hitting it again tomorrow

Default Slow day

Well only caught two Kokanee today, very slow. Not to many other boats catching fish either must be the thunderstorm

Default Slow day

No lake trout but got 3 Kokanee and 1 large one. The Kokanee bite seems to be late morning when I got most of my action. Well I am catching fish but just slow going. Well tomorrow another day hopefully things will pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    No lake trout but got 3 Kokanee and 1 large one. The Kokanee bite seems to be late morning when I got most of my action. Well I am catching fish but just slow going. Well tomorrow another day hopefully things will pick up
    You are fishing one of the most beautiful lakes in the world! Fish are a pretty good bonus!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Well a great day finally got my limit of Kokanee. They were hitting the hoochi lure hard all good hook sets never lost a fish. Can’t say much about the lake trout, I tried but no bites, I did talk to another fisherman who said he had 4 Kokanee but he said he lost several others. I was able to pots a picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B859FF03-3E1B-431C-9FD0-65678FD2333C.jpeg 
Views:	150 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	9756  

Good job Pappy. Some times you just have to wait for your day.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Well a great day finally got my limit of Kokanee. They were hitting the hoochi lure hard all good hook sets never lost a fish. Can’t say much about the lake trout, I tried but no bites, I did talk to another fisherman who said he had 4 Kokanee but he said he lost several others. I was able to pots a picture
    Good job! Gotta love it when you get them all! Nice pic!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post

You’re right sometimes it just takes time but today was a great day my son was able to fish with me for the first time this year. He brought good luck this morning, we both caught 2 nice lake trout and 2 Kokanee.Such a great day with my son

Name:	B6E0D782-9643-4E74-A86D-C3456B5E6CED.jpeg 
Views:	206 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	9763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39C2258F-2ED2-4C0F-82C0-4FAD2FCE1B2E.jpeg 
Views:	142 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	9764  

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post

You’re right sometimes it just takes time but today was a great day my son was able to fish with me for the first time this year. He brought good luck this morning, we both caught 2 nice lake trout and 2 Kokanee.Such a great day with my son

Score! Nice mixed bag for your son and you! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by MMDON View Post
    You are fishing one of the most beautiful lakes in the world! Fish are a pretty good bonus!
    Ya I will agree with you on that we been coming up here for over 20 years now, so beautiful

Default Interesting day

Can’t figure these Kokanee out, only caught 2 today lost over 4- had several nibble on the hoochi lure with corn on the end and just leave it, this happen several times today kinda strange. I even sharpen my hooks and still did not make a difference. The day before caught my limit and all were good hook sets I guess that’s why they call it fishing.

Default Another good day for a Lake Tahoe fishing report

Well the lake trout were active this morning my son caught one today. After a while the Kokanee started to hit, we caught 3 and lost several. We came in early for other obligations. I think we could of limited out on the Kokanee because bite was just getting better. Same rigs just some different colors on the hoochi lures. Heading out tomorrow. Counting the days down

Name:	2133A14B-A78D-4FDD-9E79-A1C5E0F6B957.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	9770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44F88C1D-7253-41F2-820B-CE66AEFAEA85.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	9771  
    Last edited by Pappy; 08-03-2019 at 12:39 AM. Reason: To many same pictures

Well yesterday was a tough day on the lake. I had 4 Kokanee on my line and lost all 4. Well after the 5th bite I had my son take the pole and he had the same results. Just couldn’t seem to keep them on. Well we came home with 1. I saw several other boats catching fish using large flashers. The bite seems to be holding steady if you can keep them on the hook. Well I will be heading out tomorrow for my last day here. Time surly flys by while fishing

Well the lake trout were active this morning my son caught one today. After a while the Kokanee started to hit, we caught 3 and lost several. We came in early for other obligations. I think we could of limited out on the Kokanee because bite was just getting better. Same rigs just some different colors on the hoochi lures. Heading out tomorrow. Counting the days down

Well what a great day to end the last day of the fishing trip. Caught 2 Kokanee on a dogger and a hoochi. After getting no bites I decided to put ion some flashers, caught 2 and lost 1. Just couldn’t hook up with number 5, still a great morning. Such a beautiful lake to fish.
    I did this post to inform other people who decided to fish Lake Tahoe, good luck and always have fun fishing

Name:	A6010770-B3C2-46B5-B92D-82713F8DE72C.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	9774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95DB5E36-6BEC-4D0E-B832-1657D5B6E2F9.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	9775  

Great to end on a high note.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks for taking us along!