Thread: Strawberry 5-13-2022

Default Strawberry 5-13-2022

Got in my first trip to the Berry on Friday the 13th, and that it was. Got on the water at 0630 with lines in 10min later. A very cool morning & flat with water temp at 41°. First fish was a bow-released. Next 2 came were feisty kokes in decent 2lb range. The 2nd one came as the wind started picking just before 0900. Wind wasn't too bad at first for about the first 40min. I did manage catch a cutt which I had no idea how long I was dragging it around. But after that the sheep broke into the pasture. When I got back to the dock it took me 30min to corral a line to the dock as the wind wouldn't give me a break to tie off. 2 wedge docks in the water and the wind would push me away no matter what the approach was. Fianally got boat trailered at 1100. This was a $100 round trip of diesel used for half a limit of kokes.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Yup, cost of our recreation is at a new high. Not sure I can addord to retire; better keep the wife working

Sounds like a fun trip. I haven't made it out for a bit. I am hoping I can get out sooner than later. I do agree the price of diesel is getting insane. I put my card in the pump and turn my back to it, I don't even want to know what it costs.

Its sadly going to keep my trips closer to home this year.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

It has gotten to the point when I get back from a trip whether its a short trip or one that's a little longer, I will gas my truck at 1/4 or 1/2 tank to keep current with prices. A jump in fuel prices is a daily occurrence. Whenever I'm on a Gorge run it's automatic I fill at destination and again upon return. I can make the roundtrip on one tank but a $200+ fill just doesn't feel right even it will balance out the same in the end.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I am almost to the point that I can leave the truck in Manila and and only use it to launch the boat. I think I could do a round trip in the car at about half the price as the truck.