Thread: Salmon Falls

Hybrid View

Default Salmon Falls

Does anyone know if there really are Chinook and Kokanee in Salmon Falls Reservoir? On the BLM website they are listed as species to catch while there. On the IDF&G website it says that Kokanee have been observed. Just wondering if I should take my Kokanee bag and rods too.

Default Kookanee at salmon Falls

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    Does anyone know if there really are Chinook and Kokanee in Salmon Falls Reservoir? On the BLM website they are listed as species to catch while there. On the IDF&G website it says that Kokanee have been observed. Just wondering if I should take my Kokanee bag and rods too.
    I think they put some in salmon falls several years ago but I haven't talked to anyone that has caught one in recent years--Same for Chinook

Okay thank you very much. I’ve only been there once so I was trying to gather more info. Looking online it appears there’s a bunch of different fish species in the reservoir. Should be s fun trip.

Default Salmon falls

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    Okay thank you very much. I’ve only been there once so I was trying to gather more info. Looking online it appears there’s a bunch of different fish species in the reservoir. Should be s fun trip.
    The best walleye fishing is at the shallow end of the lake along with some very good perch fishing--I have done my best on trout about half way down the lake along the rock wall section-- a good trout lure is the Jake spin a lure gold with red dots--I fish it on leaded line 100 ft behind the boat at about 2 mph--you could use a down rigger at 15 ft also-- there are some real nice trout at salmon falls---GOOD LUCK

Last year I ran to what I assume is the shallow end. It was 6-10’ deep and a mud bottom. Then I do remember seeing the rock cliffs and thinking they’d be good. Honestly, and sincerely I appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

The rock cliff or wall will be on your right going down the lake