Thread: Fontenelle 2022

Default Fontenelle 2022

I have been in what seems like house arrest for the past 2mo with taking care of wife after she went thru cataract surgery on both eyes a month apart. When I saw the first post of some fishing at the Font I was chomping at the bit to get there. Now I'm freed up and with this weather pattern we are in, not so much as rain but heavy wind, I feel like I'm stuck in this bubble looking for that light at the tunnel end. I know mama wants me to hit the lakes but she might be cautious of how often she suggest I go, it may feel like I'm in neglect of her. I am ready as I can be providing I don't "if it ain't broke don't fix it" with my sled. Fontenelle is on my hit list soon, maybe a couple of trips. Sure hope to see some more activity from there, I became partial to fishing that lake making it an annual early run.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Headed west toward FG on Tuesday. Will stop at Seminoe for two days on the way there for some walleye and trout fishing. It is about 1/2 way so it is a good break from the long drive. Will fish FG on Saturday and Sunday out of Buckboard. On to Fontenelle after that for one day, depending on how we do at FG. Never fished FG near Buckboard (always out of Lucerne) - any thoughts on where to fish once on the lake?

Default 6-28-2022

Finally got a trip to the Font. Met up with some friends who came from Green River and other friends that were there since the afternoon before. We all had good success, but it was hard to find them on the sonar unit. After taking water temp down to 80' the temp it turned out it wasn't going to get much lower 57°. We get into an area marking fish top to bottom but where are the Kokes? They were in the top 10-15' of water. I had a couple of slams that completely destroyed one of my lures. There was one by the time I got rod out of holder I thought it was going to snap rod into. Never got to see that brute. The pics are from the late afternoon the day before. Alan with 2 one of them a 3.6lb and Dave with a 3.5lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alan one 3.6lber.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	10195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super D 3.5lber.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	10196  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Sounds like a great trip for everyone. I spent the weekend chasing Macs, l got 9 between 24 and 11 pounds. I just can't force myself to go koke fishing with how mac fishing has been.

Thanks for the invite. Hopefully next time I can get our with you.

We went out the weekend of the 4th and found similar to bduck, they were in top 10-15' of water, even higher some of the time. 1st day it took us about 4 hrs to figure out what they were biting on, then caught 5 kokes and a cutthroat (plus 3 kokes lost at the boat) between 2 of us in 2-3 hrs. 2nd day trolling motor didn't work but went back to the spot we mainly saw them the previous day and caught them casting with buzz bombs until the wind started up, ended up with I think 7. First time I'd done that method, it was a ton of fun. We saw them surfacing a couple times and caught them right at the surface.
    Last edited by eltigraska; 07-16-2022 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Referred to wrong poster