Thread: Good news for Veterans

Default Good news for Veterans

This is NOT an April fool's joke. H.B. 155 Veteran Access to State Parks bill passed.* This bill expands the State Parks Honor Pass Program giving free access to state parks to all Veterans with any percentage of disability rating from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Previously, the Honor Pass was only available to Veterans with a 50 percent disability rating or higher. The change will take effect on July 1, 2022. Veterans need only to provide a current Summary of Benefits letter issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs in order to obtain the pass at Utah State Park Regional Offices and most State Parks. Learn more on the Utah State Parks website.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

It is good news, but all vets should get the same benefit. And yeah, I’m a vet

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    It is good news, but all vets should get the same benefit. And yeah, I’m a vet
    Thank you for your service! ❤️

While I agree with you 100% on all vets, I don't ever see the state of Utah giving up that much revenue by giving all of us free access to state parks all the time. I think the best we could hope for would be a discount on the fees by showing them your vet status at time of purchase similar to how it works with lots of retail businesses.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    Thank you for your service! ❤️

While I agree with you 100% on all vets, I don't ever see the state of Utah giving up that much revenue by giving all of us free access to state parks all the time. I think the best we could hope for would be a discount on the fees by showing them your vet status at time of purchase similar to how it works with lots of retail businesses.

I believe ALL vets should be exempt from paying any type of fee when using any public land, IE fishing/hunting licenses or any type of entry fees. You guys and gals are the reason we can do what we do. Thank you ALL for your service!!

100 % agree with NOFISH on this thread. No age limit. a vet is a vet.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.