Thread: Mac fishing trip 3/26 3/29

Default Mac fishing trip 3/26 3/29

Saturday morning I launched out of Anvil. I headed south trying to get in the canyon and found ice about 1/2 mile south of anvil I did find a few fish just before the ice in 136ft I dropped on them and got hit almost immediately but missed it. No surprise with them being that deep. I headed north after that checking everything on my GPS. Found a few to jig on but they would usually be gone before the jig got to them. I finally found some fish in about 140 ft of water and started trolling the bottom with big blades and got 6 nothing over 15 pounds

Sunday I had some friends come up and we launched out of Lucerne and fished Swim, Rawlins and Antelope. We didn't find much but my friend did hook in to a good one just to have it pop off after a few minutes.

Sunday me and the neighbor headed back to Anvil and started looking and didn't find much the neighbor hooked in to a good fish but it also pop lose after a few minutes. The wind kicked up and we called it after we killed off the batteries.

Sunday I didn't see any ice on the lake, I talked with several kokanee anglers that had done well. The kokes I saw were running from 25 to 75 ft and they were schooled up tight. Maybe I will give them a go on my next trip up. I also heard the rainbows are starting to turn on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20220328_070911_346493263771519.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	10181

Sounds like a nice trip and you had good weather to boot.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Yes the weather was great and the fishing was good but the catching was a bit slow. I can't wait to get back up.