Thread: trolling

Default trolling

Can you please tell me if this trolling device is easy to use? What kind of fish is suitable for fishing? What are the requirements for the boat?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	微信截图_20220311094007.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	10179

A lot has to do with the temperature of the water you are going to be fishing on. Typically I troll for trout and salmon that seem to prefer 55 degree water. If you are fishing in a mountain lake where the thermocline is 25-30 feet or less, a hand operated downrigger is more than adequate. If you are fishing where you need to get to 40 feet or below, it will still work but your arms will get a workout.

Those are easy to use. I still have my original pair Scotty's I bought over 30yrs ago. Mine have short 12" solid rod type booms and still in working order. I used 8lb weights with these but never tried a 10lber. I got 15yrs use from them. Once I upgraded to electrics, I hung my original Scotty's on the garage wall. Never looked back at purchasing another set of manuals. I think my set qualifies as antiques.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scotty Downriggers.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	10180  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF