Thread: 2022 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2022 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

Hoping for plenty of water in the lake and fish for you all this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Hot Spring Revealed

Hey y'all,

If you haven't been up there lately, Anderson water has been so low this winter, that a hot spring was uncovered in the Curlew pool that hasn't been seen in I don't know how long. Might be a good thing to locate on GPS before it gets covered up again. Won't be long before the water starts to back up if the Bureau of Rec. historical record is predictive.

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/boipaytea.html

I'm jonesing so bad for open water that my nerves a whining like a rusty old steel down rigger line. I swear I heard my trolling motor whimpering when I went out back to admire the moon last night.

Default Anderson

I went to Anderson yesterday fished by the dam for chinook no luck--Just a small area around the dam up camas creek is open--Ice starts at camas creek and goes as far as you can see

Default Anderson

Hey gents, ran up to Anderson today for the first time this year just to check it out and run the boat. Got there at 9:30. Put in at the dam and went about 200 yards and threw the lines in. In 2 1/2 hours I landed 9 kokes. They where all great fish. I was running the riggers at 25 feet and long lining with weights. Every pole caught fish. I was trolling about 1.2mph. Water temp was 41. Hope this helps boys...

Default Ice on Anderson

Where was the ice?

Thank you.

Default Anderson

I only went up to about Evans creek and still didn't see any.

Default Ice on Anderson

I found this site that shows the ice on Anderson. I haven't checked to see what it shows on other reservoirs.

https://lakemonster.com/lake/ID/Ande...mperature-2352

Default Anderson Ranch Dam Fishing

I went to Anderson Ranch yesterday (Thursday) and fished for Kokes. While the bite was on, I only managed to boat 1 18 incher. All the ones that shook the hook seemed like they were pretty nice fish. The launch at the dam was dry (no mud) but the first launch was out of the water....the second ramp was just fine. While I only trolled halfway to Curlew, there was no ice to be found. Surface water temp varied from 35 degrees to 41 degrees. I was surprised that I didn't mark that many fish...and I didn't mark the fish that I hooked into. Shoepeg Firecorn and Gulp Maggots along with pink wedding and a small Yakima spinning flasher seemed to do the trick. Long lined one pole and went down to 25 feet (down rigger) with the other. The longline did better. Only one other boat that I saw on the reservoir....but he launched and headed up towards Curlew. The wind started to kick up so I headed off the lake at about 2:00. I fished for about 5 hours.

Pauli

Default Water level currently

Based off this we should be able to launch at Curlew now correct? https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram.../anderson.html

I know the docks are probably nowhere to be found yet. I just really prefer the Curlew ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    Based off this we should be able to launch at Curlew now correct? https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram.../anderson.html

I know the docks are probably nowhere to be found yet. I just really prefer the Curlew ramp.
    That is a very useful tool for finding water level and dock availability.....but doesn't distinguish between ice and liquid water. It's been a bit cold there lately...ramp is in the water, but I think ice is more of the concern. I use this tool to try to determine the icing condition:

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    That is a very useful tool for finding water level and dock availability.....but doesn't distinguish between ice and liquid water. It's been a bit cold there lately...ramp is in the water, but I think ice is more of the concern. I use this tool to try to determine the icing condition:

Pauli
    If you look at the satellite image from the 3rd, it looks like the ice that was out in front of Curlew is now gone. I bookmarked that link from your other post. Very helpful, thank you!

Default anderson

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    If you look at the satellite image from the 3rd, it looks like the ice that was out in front of Curlew is now gone. I bookmarked that link from your other post. Very helpful, thank you!
    any new reports from Anderson in last week or so?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76B1246F-ADD4-4EAD-B230-CB104407081F.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	10184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76B1246F-ADD4-4EAD-B230-CB104407081F.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	10184
    We left Friday for the weekend at Salmon Falls. Saturday afternoon after not even a bite, we headed to Anderson. Fished 9-5 Sunday and ended up bringing home 13 and releasing 1 nice rainbow. I really thought all the fish were very healthy and felt bigger than the looked when I got the fillet knife out LOL. Maybe Anderson will be the water to fish this summer.

Default Anderson Monday

Late report. Trolled 5 hours Monday. Started around the Lime Creek/main lake area. Metered a few fish but nothing significant at all. Marks were between 20 and 50 feet, scattered. Surface temp 55 degrees. Changed offerings often for nothing. Took off for the dam to troll back. Marked fish but no great numbers. Fish were 20-60 feet. Finally got one out in front of the mouth of Fall Creek, 30 feet down. Chrome and green flasher, lime green hoochie with a lip. 18” and bright. Kissed it on the nose and said go enjoy your life. That was it. Water has come up a bit but it’s still sadly low. Not hard at all to launch…for now. Plenty of beach to camp on.
    David
    18’ Duckworth

You were fishing too deep. We were up there the same day and had 8 by 2. We lost 5 others. We were only fishing 2 rods out the back of the boat most of the day because it got so windy. Almost all the hits were about 15 feet deep.

I fished on Tue and Wed. Launched at Curlew and fished south of there. The lake level was at 61%, the dock was about 30 yards out of the water. Water temp from 55 to 58 degrees. Caught 7, kept 6. The largest was 18". All caught from 10 to 15' deep. Misc gear. Not red hot but some nice fish.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Spent Thurs and Friday at Curlew. Fishing was not good. 2-3 Kokes per day is way below my thresh hold to call the fishing good. Most everyone around us were having the same experience. We only trolled around Curlew and Lime Creek. Didn't venture over to the dam or Fall Creek. Left Friday afternoon before the "drunken crazies" started to show up. Weather was beautiful....but rain moved in Friday morning. Great to be retired and not have to deal with the crowds during the weekend.

Pauli

Default Fishing Wednesday disappointing

Got on the water at about 9:30 and fished until 2:30. 55 degree water was at about 35 feet and I fished at that depth and deeper. Fished at Curlew, Fall Creek, and down near the dam. Tried different lures, colors, and scents. Didn't touch a fish all day and didn't see any others boat a fish. I'm probably going to switch back to Lucky Peak, shorter drive for the same result.

Snowman- I've gotten basically the same report from a few different buddies that have run up there recently. Anderson sure seems to have fallen off a cliff.

I see on the Hydromet / Bureau of Reclamation website that all of the reservoirs of full or near full...Anderson Ranch is at 97 percent full as of today. I imagine that they have to start dumping water soon.... bringing the reservoir level down a bit may bring on the bite. I've always done better on a reservoir when they're releasing water and the level is down around 70 -80 percent. Here's to wishing......

Looking to escape the heat next week. Has anyone dry camped on the "camping area" just east of the dam? I have a 24 foot RV (Sprinter). Just wondering if it is doable.

Pauli

Default Anderson

Big kookanee but not very many fish

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I Has anyone dry camped on the "camping area" just east of the dam? I have a 24 foot RV (Sprinter). Just wondering if it is doable.

Pauli
    I see diesel pushers/5-vers/bumper pulls camped there often. Just not a big area so you may have a neighbor.

Not a huge catch rate this year but they are big. 2.5-2.8 lbs has been my range on the bigger fish. Have caught quite a few in that 1-2 range also. I’ve caught them all depths same day. Heck I landed a hog letting line out before attaching ball, lower it to 30’ and caught another nice fish 2 minutes later.

Thought I’d join. Don’t have Facebook etc just a few forum accounts. Kinda like the forums, not all the ding dongs.

Default Camping

Not much beach camping availability with such high water. Was there two weeks ago camping and saw two 5th wheels buried above the axles. Not pretty. Just got back from way north with great smallie fishing