Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: 2022 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

  1. #26

    Default 7/9/22 report

    3 for 7 today + a bonus bow. had some operator errors today on a few. marked fish fairly consistently.... don't know why i couldn't get more to bite. had lots of follows. nothing huge today 13"-16". 40-50'.

  2. #27

    Default Amateur hour of a day

    Felt like we had no clue what we were doing. Fished from 0600 to 1300 today. Windy in the morning, only a handful of boats fishing, and water temp was 66-68. Had four strikes and nothing landed. Tried various color wedding rings, hoochies, and even cutplugs. Fished four rods at various depths from flatlining with 1-2oz and down riggers from 20ft to 70ft. Speed was from .9 to 1.6mph. Marked two schools, one at 20ft and another at 110. Only saw two fish landed. Any thoughts if the hum of wire strung down riggers has an effect or optimum distance from down rigger clips?

  3. #28

    Default

    I fish steel cable on my downriggers... never had an issue with the hum as far as catching fish... only annoying to the ears.

    I always trust my fish finder for what depth to be at. In my experience, I have the most success targeting the most shallow fish as far as depth.

    If I'm marking fish and not catching them, I do exactly what you did... keep trying something different on color and dodgers. I've just about always been able to catch the most shallow fish.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9

    Default Lucky Peak

    I agree, I also use steel line on my down riggers and have never had a problem, as for the hum, I am legally deaf, so what's the problem, ha ha. But I never run my line off the down rigger ball, always clip it above a ways depending on how far back I run my lures. I did notice that if I drag my weight through the middle of the school, they would scatter. I normally run my clip from 5 to 10 feet up and my dodger between 50 to 75 feet behind.

  5. #30

    Default over

    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I agree, I also use steel line on my down riggers and have never had a problem, as for the hum, I am legally deaf, so what's the problem, ha ha. But I never run my line off the down rigger ball, always clip it above a ways depending on how far back I run my lures. I did notice that if I drag my weight through the middle of the school, they would scatter. I normally run my clip from 5 to 10 feet up and my dodger between 50 to 75 feet behind.
    think its over - went LP yesterday - caught a 17 in real blush one and a lot of dinks Time to quit boys and let the dinks grow for next year On to steelhead

  6. #31

    Default 7/30/22 report

    in a first light, off at 10:30am

    Kokes on LP are done for me this year. The big boys have turned and i'm not in it for dinks. See ya'll next year.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Anyone been up to the reservoirs yet this year??? Wondering if the road is clear to Arrowrock, or if there is still ice on either Arrowrock or Lucky Peak.

    Pauli

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Anyone been up to the reservoirs yet this year??? Wondering if the road is clear to Arrowrock, or if there is still ice on either Arrowrock or Lucky Peak.

    Pauli
    I was at Lucky Peak spring shores a week ago. Ice is from Arrowrock dam to within 25 -50 yards of maim ramp at spring shores. I could see ice down in the narrows. No ice at Turners.
    17' Invader White center console (Boston Whaler clone) with 90 hp Mercury and Merc kicker.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaGoo View Post
    I was at Lucky Peak spring shores a week ago. Ice is from Arrowrock dam to within 25 -50 yards of maim ramp at spring shores. I could see ice down in the narrows. No ice at Turners.
    Thank you for the report. I will probably give it a few more weeks.

    Pauli

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    77

    Default

    https://lakemonster.com/lake/ID/Luck...-Reservoir-173

    I havenít paid for the app yet so I donít get to see the most up to date images. However, this site is a pretty useful tool for water temps and ice usually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •