Thread: Wyoming 2022 Regs

Default Wyoming 2022 Regs

So I picked up the 2022 regs for koke limits at Flaming Gorge, So Wyoming side can now have 4 limit per day. Hope its true.

Yes its true for Wyoming, Trout in combination (includes brown, cutthroat, grayling, golden, rainbow, salmon, tiger trout, and other trout hybrids). Excludes brook trout, lake trout and splake. The daily possession limit remains the same.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I think this will help clear things up with utah having a 4 fish limit last year.

While Utah still has the 2 day possession limit Wyoming maintained their daily possession.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default possession limit

Does this mean that I can travel 800 miles to fish Flaming Gorge for 3 days but I can return with just one daily limit? Or can i process (vacuum seal) my fish and return home with more than 1 daily limit? If the first it just doesn't make sense to pay non-resident fees, boat aquatic species certification, lodging and gas to return with just 4 fish. I guess for nearby residents it might be a good deal to have fewer out of staters but just doesn't seem right to me.

With the way I read it you are correct. I believe the possession for Wyoming has been the same as the daily limit for years?

If you choose to fish the Utah side you could take 8 fish home with a multi day trip.

Default Kokanee possession limit

Here is my take on it and it may just be worth what you're paying for it.

IF you are staying (camped or motel) in Wyoming while you fish the Gorge (either the WY or UT side), you can only have 1 daily limit of trout/salmon in your possession. It matters not if they have been processed (canned, fileted and vacuum sealed, or cooked), you still can't have more than 4 in possession. Period.

IF you are staying (camped or motel) in Utah while you fish the Gorge (either the WY or UT side), you can only have 2 daily limits of trout/salmon in your possession. It matters not if they have been processed (canned, fileted and vacuum sealed, or cooked), you still can't have more than 8 in possession. Period.

If you stay in Utah while fishing the Gorge and have your 8 fish in possession when you head back home through Wyoming, I would suggest that you may want to have a receipt from the Utah campground or motel you stayed at which makes it legal for you to possess 2 daily limits of trout/salmon.

It doesn't matter that you may have only fished the Wyoming side. If you are staying in Utah, you can still catch a limit on day one, take them back to your RV/motel, process them, leave them in your RV/motel and go back to Wyoming the next day and catch a second limit to take back to your Utah side RV/motel.

And again, that is just my opinion on the subject and may not be worth anything. But that is how I will plan my trips to the Gorge. I'll be staying in Manilla every trip and be bringing 8 salmon back home on each trip (hopefully).

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.