Thread: 1/2/22 cold day

Default 1/2/22 cold day

Woke up to a balmy 3° and could not bring myself to backing the truck under the boat so I grabbed my auger and a few jigging rods and headed north to that blacks fork arm and found good ice. I would guess 6 to 8". We headed out to about 45ft of water and started jigging for pups with pretty good success. Green or white was working best. They didn't like the dead stick you had to keep it moving.

All in all was a good day with zero wind. It might had made it up to 20° but I am not sure of that.

Good for you buddy. Beats spending all weekend like I did preparing to put all new flooring in the house. I ripped up carpet, pad, baseboards, nails, staples, old laminate wood and need to finish tonight to be ready for things to arrive tomorrow to put the new in. Going to be a long long week. Ah fishing. simply a dream right now.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Glad to see someone getting some REEL time in. I have a pantry I unloaded that seem to be one of the catch all points here, a hoaders haven but just items that there was no room on the shelves for. Removed wire shelves, filling in holes, painting walls and building new shelving. My REAL time.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    Woke up to a balmy 3° and could not bring myself to backing the truck under the boat so I grabbed my auger and a few jigging rods and headed north to that blacks fork arm and found good ice. I would guess 6 to 8". We headed out to about 45ft of water and started jigging for pups with pretty good success. Green or white was working best. They didn't like the dead stick you had to keep it moving.

All in all was a good day with zero wind. It might had made it up to 20° but I am not sure of that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm thinking of taking the boat Next Wed.

just bought some good looking dodger Glow tape. from Mad river on E bay I have so many dodges. I never use them.

I don't see a lot of stores that sales dodgers with glow tape on them, Me I love glow. In December at Jordanelle was catching limits of Kokanee from 30 feet down to (up on top with planer
    boards using glow dodgers.)

I went out to the same area on Monday but stayed in close to the shore and did real good on the rainbows. We got some close to 3 lbs.

I only have the floor to do at my place but I think we are going to wait for a bit before we do it?

I do agree Robert, glow is a got to color for me. Its one of the first color I run. If the weather warms up for my next trip I will get the boat out.