Hello. I have a question and maybe a solution to the slow fishing experienced by many on the forum? First, i am NOT a seasoned expert koke fisherman. My wife and I really just got into it mid-summer last year when we sold our Hobie fishing kayaks and bought a new 20' Lund. Since then we have had multiple trips to Blue Mesa, Flaming Gorge, Fontenelle and one trip to Strawberry. Most of our experience has been at Blue Mesa and when the trolling died off last year we were introduced to jigging. We have a Lowrance sonar that came with the boat that was very limited in finding the schools so I invested in a Garmin Livescope which has helped enormously. My experience and the benefits of this outfit will be the topic of another post.

When i read the posts on this forum I do not see much about jigging. At Blue Mesa there is almost a complete transition during the summer from trolling to jigging. My question is this: is this the case at other koke lakes? We went to the Gorge late last summer after the jigging had kicked in at Blue Mesa and the only people that appeared to be jigging were going after lake trout. If this is the case could fishers at other lakes improve their success by jigging? If not, why do you think jigging would not work like it does at the Blue?

Any insights will be appreciated.