Ever since COVID hit in 2020 there has been more boaters out fishing in all lakes not counting the other recreational users. Koke fishing has been hammered hard at both Flaming Gorge 3hrs & Strawberry 2hrs making those long drives for me seem longer. A lot of folks has enjoyed the time away from their jobs but it has impacted the way we fish setting up a more difficult day on the water. This year alone in Utah we are hit with lack of snow pack to fill the lakes, early hot temps with the draw down of water leading to exposed launch ramps, and watering restrictions imposed. Water temps have risen deep into the water column making for a search for those silvers a little more difficult. Kokanee have not been hanging in schools much like I usually see but are scattered amongst the other populations so its guessing what is below. Also a question I've been pondering "are kokanee seeing the same presentation over & over we bait with and are not enticed?" Utah DNR has introduced kokanee to a few other lakes for the first time in the past couple of years and may be impacted before they get a chance to get established with some of the above mentioned.
Does anyone have anything to contribute from your state?