Thread: Fishing Fontenelle 6-03-2021

Threaded View

Default Fishing Fontenelle 6-03-2021

Met up a friend at his Cache Valley home 0330. We ventured off thru Logan Canyon taking in the darkness with conversation traveling to Fontenelle on backroads. Its been years since I've been on these roads past Bear L heading towards Wyoming but travel was good. We got on the water about 0630ish and first rods in near 0700. It didn't take very long to see action. My first 4 hookups were Browns, Alan was getting into the kokes and 3 in the box before I knew it. It turns out that the kokes were high in the column so I raised my presentation and went a longer setback. Koke on from then on with occasional Brown & Bow hookups in the mix. We lost about 12+ kokes, caught our limits of 6ea, boated about 10+ Browns & about a half a dozen of Bows, Browns/Bows released. This was one epic day trip, a great day going after some feisty Fonts, we couldn't have asked for a better morning with a slight breeze & no sheep in the pen. We were off the water before 1000.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alan absorbing the morning.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	10141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fontenelle.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	10142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	limits.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	10143  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF