Thread: Strawberry 7-7-2021

Default Strawberry 7-7-2021

Hit the Berry yesterday, couldn't have ask for a more pleasant day for koke fishing. After the July 4th holiday the parking lot stilled filled up and boats were scattered at all parts of the main body. A lot of SL valley dwellers are escaping the furnace that's going on early this summer. When I left at 0330 it was 82. My fishing buddy was AFDan, as usual the cutts kept the skunk off ship and we had to work to get the kokes to play. I put my first one in about 1 1/2lbs but the next 3 weighed in at 2.9, 2.3, & 3.4 in that order. It took me up to about hour before we called it to fill the limit of 4. Dan on the other hand had a day of struggle only catching 2kokes but he was wasn't sitting idle with the cutts playing. The wind started coming up around 1:00 and we got off the lake at 2pm. Wind was a pleasant breeze with no white caps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strawberry 7-7-2021.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	10147  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Sounds like a great trip glad you guys got in to them. I haven't fished the berry in years but I always left happy.

I will be heading to the Gorge this weekend and will fish for kokes atleast one day. I have my Minnkota in pieces waiting on parts so that leaves too trolling as my only option.