Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2021 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Lucky Peak

I have not fished there for two years now, hoping 2021 will prove to be a better year.................

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    Boats in getting tuned Next change out steelhead gear for kok gear wait for 60+ degrees and im fishing

Default 2/7/21 report

Fished 0900-1200. Water was 34-35 degrees. Flatlined rods from 45-75 ft. Lost one koke at the boat, boated a 16” koke, tossed back a nice though lethargic rainbow.

Hunting season is over and I already have cabin fever. Im wanting to go to lucky peak to catch anything I can lol. Anyone been hitting it up? Any luck? I really need to get my trout stock back up for when cat fishing season starts
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Hey Terek.... I haven't ventured out yet. I'm headed to St. Helens OR for some Springer chinook fishing middle of next month. I would like to have a shake down trip locally before I hit the big river. I imagine lucky peak's water level is WAY DOWN. Do you know if there is any ice on the reservoir?

Paul

I took the boat out for a shakedown about 10 days ago at Lucky Peak, didn't see any ice all the way up to Spring Shore, launched from Turner. The week before that had some light ice on top right after Spring Shore though.

Planning on hitting Arrow Rock in a couple weeks if weather permits, hope the road is graded by then, last year was getting pretty bad!

Chris

Thanks for the report. Seems to me that last year about this time there was still snow on the road to Arrow Rock. I had to turn around before I got to the dam. Hope the road is clear for you.

Pauli

Default Just Reserved 3 Nights In May For Mack’s Creek

Bringing up my Trailer/Boat for 3 nights. Camping/Fishing Fever 😜
    Last edited by DEALMKR; 02-27-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Default No Koke's

Trolled from 0800-1300 from the west side of chimney rock half way to birch creek. Water was 34-36 degrees. Flatlined two rods and put two others at various depths the lowest being 30ft with purples, orange, white, and pink hoochies. All we caught were 4 huge trout. 3 of 4 were caught around 20ft. Marked a couple schools along the rock wall under the Forest Service Nursery but no takers.

Default 3/5/21 Report

Put in a Spring Shores. The floating dock is in the water.

Surface water temperature was 37F.

Marked scattered fish near Spring Shores. 3 boats fishing this area.
    Marked a small school at mile 69 along North shore.
    Another small school at Birch Spring. 1 other boat fishing this area.
    Saw 1 boat at the lower dam.
    1 boat fishing by Mack's Creek.

Fish for 3 hours. Most fish were deep 60-80'... couldn't get those to bite. Marked fish occasionally at 10-40' and targeted them. 2 rainbows & 1 14' koke. All back in the water to fight another day. Ran wedding rings on double stacked downriggers.

Ran dam to dam. You can get to Arrowrock dam, but be careful as it's only 7' deep and the channel is narrow the last 100 yards.Saw some ice in Mores Creek, but other than that it was 100% clear. Floating dock is in at Turner's Gulch. Water level looked to be down 60-70' from last summer. Water is coming in pretty quick at the Arrowrock dam.

Thanks for the reports guys. Still a bit early for the bite to really turn on. It's hopeful that you marked schools of fish. We should be on return year 2...meaning that this year should be so-so.....but next year it should be great. I'm going to hit the Springers in the Columbia over the next month or so. Then I hope our reservoirs will start producing again.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Thanks for the reports guys. Still a bit early for the bite to really turn on. It's hopeful that you marked schools of fish. We should be on return year 2...meaning that this year should be so-so.....but next year it should be great. I'm going to hit the Springers in the Columbia over the next month or so. Then I hope our reservoirs will start producing again.

Pauli
    back before ssnowmageddon ruined LP and arrowrock, this is the time of year we would usually start hammering them. I just got a 6 year reminder on facebook yesterday of 3 man limits of kokes out of arrowrock.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Not Much Action

Fished LP from about 10:30 to 2:30 yesterday. Not a bite. Surface temp about 38.5 F. *Lots* of fish down deep (60' to 80') in the channel almost within site of Spring Shores, but they weren't biting on anything we put down there. There were 2-3 other boats out. Nice day to be on the lake, but not much action.

Default Lucky Peak pics from last Fall

I had never fished LP until last Fall but here is a pic I took of the low water level at that time. I launched from the dam end of the lake but it was poor fishing at that time. Which launch is the best one to launch from late in the season?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luckypeaknov2020.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	10114  

Water at spring shores is almost always much calmer than near the dam but Turner gulch is always launchable no matter how low the water and Spring Shores isn't if the water is low enough. I've caught plenty of fish at both ends but prefer Spring Shores.

Default 4-18-21 report

Flatlined two rods at 0730. Fished from 75-110ft with hootchies of various colors. Water temp was 44. Caught four trout and lost two unknowns. Stayed around chimney rock and the pipe wall. Marked a few schools on the surface in the channels.

Default Anyone able to launch at the Marina

Today? How big are the trout your catching?

4/18/21, all were about 12”.

Default Shores Launch

Are the docks out yet or just the floater dock?

Thanks All...

Default Couple Kok...couple Trout...

Our 1st fishing trip in LP this year (April-30-2021). Launched at Turner Gulch at 9:45AM and it was windy, 1st section of the main dock floats, temporary dock still in the water.
    Trolled from Sheep Creek toward Charcoal Creek. We boated 2 - 15" Kok, 2 -14" trout and 1-16" Chinook, the Chinook wounded very badly so we kept it. Depth is vary from 12' to 25' DR Kokabow dodger + pink squid. Long line pole 75' line out 1.1/4oz sinker + 3 blades flasher and green Kokabow Kingfisher. We quited at 1:30PM.
    Talked to other fishermen they caught 4 Kok and 2 trout early in the morning in Goose Neck bay area. They quit at noon.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 05-02-2021 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Add date
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Went Out Friday To Get The Cobwebs Out

Beautiful and not a bit of wind. Fished in the afternoon and no bites. Found our favorite beach
    Brought out the lawn chairs and got some rays.
    Spent about 4 hours on the Lake. Good time for sure. Plenty of dock space at the Marina.

Default 5/1/21 report

Fished from 0645 -1330. Caught and released three trout, kept one 15 1/2 Kokanee, two fish popped off while reeling, and four good hits we failed to connect with. Mainly fishing the pipe wall and across from Spring Shores. Water temp was 47-49 degrees. Marked lots of fish at 20-50 feet deep but no takers. All hits and fish caught were while flatlining hoochies or a spin and glow.

Default Thanks

thanks all good info new to the page just found it hope to help out and to learn.

Default 5/23/21 report

put in spring shores 6:30AM. marked some fish but not as many as I'd like. One 14" koke, one 18" Coho, 1 pull-off, & 1 hit. Orange was the color. flat lines at 150' back & down riggers at 35'. Off the water at 9:30am. surface temp 54F.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast