Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman View Post
    Correct. Spring Shores. Me bad.
    Thanks, just making sure I'm not ignorant of local landmarks. I still wish to find a detailed map with names of all the gulches, and also those that are nicknames such as pipeline, etc.

I agree. Most of the time we work the south side however the last time out, the fish had moved north. Probably had to do with their food supply. When boats catch fish, the others seem to herd up. The last time, all the fish we caught were on the north end of the shore. Fish move, probably due to the location of their food. Another note: the Chinook were really feeding on the Kokes. We saw many big fish down 80-100’. Hooked two big ones that threw the hook at the boat.
    Went out again today. This time less boats and the boats were spread out not herding in one spot. Caught my first koke ever right around 7am. A nice 18 incher. Not north or south, kind of right across from the boat launch. Feels good because I've tried many times, no fish finder, no downrigger. inflatable boat. Ha ha, makes it a little sweeter with that setup because you have very low expectations. Thanks to all who contribute on this forum.

We were out as well. I have the 19’ boat with the hard top cab. We’re you in the raft with the electric outboard? We were fishing for the big Chinooks today. Not a bite. Switched to Kokes later. One nice fish on and lost. Boy the water was really churned up from the power boaters. Probably my last trip till fall. SLOW and busy after 11:00. Still a beautiful day but getting crowded. I can’t imagine what weekends are like.

We were out as well. I have the 19’ boat with the hard top cab. We’re you in the raft with the electric outboard? We were fishing for the big Chinooks today. Not a bite. Switched to Kokes later. One nice fish on and lost. Boy the water was really churned up from the power boaters. Probably my last trip till fall. SLOW and busy after 11:00. Still a beautiful day but getting crowded. I can’t imagine what weekends are like.
    Yeah, was out there from about 6:30 to 9:30. We are the only ones ever out there in an inflatable, so that was me. Can't say I remember your boat in particular. Next time I see a 19' with a hard top I'll say hi. It was slow after 1st koke. It fought hard and hook was actually barely on from under its gill, not even in mouth, maybe the other hook popped out of mouth. Pretty lucky catch. We were thrilled to get that one so we made a big loop and ended early without another bite. I guess we missed the rush of speedsters that eventually came. Next year I'll be buying a truck and real boat. But couldn't wait to try koke fishing before that. Too bad it's so busy there but hey, Boise is a pretty big growing metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMoon View Post
    Yeah, was out there from about 6:30 to 9:30. We are the only ones ever out there in an inflatable, so that was me. Can't say I remember your boat in particular. Next time I see a 19' with a hard top I'll say hi. It was slow after 1st koke. It fought hard and hook was actually barely on from under its gill, not even in mouth, maybe the other hook popped out of mouth. Pretty lucky catch. We were thrilled to get that one so we made a big loop and ended early without another bite. I guess we missed the rush of speedsters that eventually came. Next year I'll be buying a truck and real boat. But couldn't wait to try koke fishing before that. Too bad it's so busy there but hey, Boise is a pretty big growing metro area.
    Danny your screwed First KOK 18 in. It is now in your blood You will be shopping for a boat - welcome to the the society of KOK heads You are right about the speedsters ( we call googins ) just dont carry a gun you might be tempted to use it I have been doing a lot of yelling and finger waving latlely Its going to get worse But there are a few fisherman just as bad Namely the guy in the hugh red jet boat Hey just plan on being off by 11 Good luck kid

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMoon View Post
    I too happen to use an inflatable this year for Kokanee, 13ft blue tributary raft. Been able to rig it up pretty well for Kokanee as long as they are within a couple miles of the boat ramp haha. If you need ideas on rod holder set ups, fish finder set ups etc let me know I can show you what I came up with. Boated a decent number of fish this year with it, the ones at lucky peak are tanks this year pretty amazing. Good work, keep at them however you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    I too happen to use an inflatable this year for Kokanee, 13ft blue tributary raft. Been able to rig it up pretty well for Kokanee as long as they are within a couple miles of the boat ramp haha. If you need ideas on rod holder set ups, fish finder set ups etc let me know I can show you what I came up with. Boated a decent number of fish this year with it, the ones at lucky peak are tanks this year pretty amazing. Good work, keep at them however you have to.
    NIce raft! I'm using a Sea Eagle STS10. I like that yours doesn't seem to need floor boards, which is the hardest part setting mine up in the morning. I've seen something about fish finders that stick on to the raft. I'm curious about info you have on getting a fish finder on an inflatable. Thanks.

Default Dead Yesterday

Fished from 6:30 to 11:00, not a hit from spring shores to charcoal. Seen one net in the water for a little rainbow but that's it

Default over

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    Fished from 6:30 to 11:00, not a hit from spring shores to charcoal. Seen one net in the water for a little rainbow but that's it
    prob us at charcoal creek- caught a small rainbow then a 10 in kok that was it going tomorow for prob last time think they in spawn mode

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    We fished Saturday the same time and NOTHING..🤔🤔.Pretty sad..

Default We fished today

On the lake at 6:00. Fished till 12:30 then had lunch at he spring diner. Tried everything. Caught 2 small Kokes. Kept one because it was bleeding. Just filleted it and my partner and his wife will have a nice meal. We fished double rigs on both downriggers, shallower than I have been. Caught both on the upper line in probably 15-20’ of water. Started a Charcoal and trolled all the way to the springs. Caught both at the same place, around the 1/2 way point.

I am the boat with the hard top. We stick out as there have only been a few of these made. I always have my VHF radio on but seems like nobody else does. Idaho has the quietest VHF marine radio bands. If you ever have yours on, I respond to Tazman. Sherif and the county workers are the only responses I ever get.

We are headed to CDA for a week fo Chinook fishing. We will fish for Kokes a bit but I have a craving for some line ripping Chinooks. Probably won’t be back to LP until the third week of August.

Tight lines.

Default Took this while fishing at Lucky Peak

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304DECFF-FAD4-4F8A-A65A-5D576F8537BC.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	10154

Made up for the terrible fishing

Default Hang It Up

Name:	304DECFF-FAD4-4F8A-A65A-5D576F8537BC.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	10154

Made up for the terrible fishing
    I have kept a log for last few years very end of July is the end of this years Koks they are spawning and even if ya catch a big one hes going be soft and blush The bad thing is the dinks start biting ( 9-10 in ) and most will die when ya release them So i quit for that reason Last 2 years there was some late ones from the north idaho planting that spawn later But that gene pool is done In my opinion hang it up so as to let the dinks grow for next year We shook two dinks yesterday and they both died Overall a good season at LP caught some nice 17-19 inchers

Default Good suggestion

We are done till next year although I wouldn’t mind catching some of the big Chinooks I keep seeing on the graph. We took a morning and just targeted them and had zero success. Seems like they are caught accidentally, not being targeted. If any secrets exist, let me know. I know there are some biguns in LP.

We are done till next year although I wouldn’t mind catching some of the big Chinooks I keep seeing on the graph. We took a morning and just targeted them and had zero success. Seems like they are caught accidentally, not being targeted. If any secrets exist, let me know. I know there are some biguns in LP.
    I saw someone recently post a pic of a huge chinook caught at Arrowrock. I wonder if the chances are better there? Have you tried?

Picture had to be from Lucky Peak or Anderson if it was a chinook from around here. Chinook have never been planted in Arrowrock.

Quote Originally Posted by Spit the Hook View Post
    Picture had to be from Lucky Peak or Anderson if it was a chinook from around here. Chinook have never been planted in Arrowrock.
    I searched for the photo on Facebook, sure enough, you're right! It was Anderson. I get them mixed up sometimes. Thanks for correcting the record.

Default Did someone say Chinook

Name:	BFFFDD52-D6B2-4DD3-A584-CC194F320DF4.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	10161

My wife hooked up with a 18lb Chinook. I wish I could say Lucky Peak, although we practiced for 4 straight days. We fished CDA from 5 am till 9 or 10, then the power toys came out and churned up he lake. Hot and smokey. In 4 days of fishing HARD, we Ad only one strike and this was it. Feels good to be hope and excited to try out our new skills here at home.

Wink Welcome to 2022

Hello Mr Webmaster.... possible to get the 2022 forums going?

Pauli

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123