Thread: 2021 Arrow Rock Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2021 Arrow Rock Reservoir Kokanee Report

More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Snow on the road to Arrowrock?

Anyone been by Arrowrock lately??? Still too much snow to make it to the ramp?

Pauli

Default Arrowrock Road bad, very bad

Drove up past the south fork area yesterday. Potholes are very deep and numerous, especially near the dam. But really there are bad stretches all along the road to the USFS outhouse and boat launch. Beautiful day though. If you have a small boat and willing to go reeeallllly slow, you could do it. Saw a guy come kayaking out of the South Fork - he had to have some big stones (good ballast though). Ice free up to Irish Creek/Nibbler Creek. I'm really jonesing to be yanking kookanee lips. Stay safe ya'll

Default Question?

TESTING to see if my boat photo comes on my thread message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0678.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	10107  

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    TESTING to see if my boat photo comes on my thread message.
    Looks like a good boat to me!
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Anyone been on the Arrowrock road this week? Wondering how bad the potholes are now. THANKS

That makes two of us! Wondering if I can get my boat out either this weekend or maybe next weekend.
    Chris

Default Arrowrock Road

Drove up there yesterday. Freshly graded and easy rolling hombers!

Nice! Where was the water line at? From Hyrdromet, its showing almost full as of yesterday:

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram...arrowrock.html

Default Down to the Waterline (Dire Straits)

She was chukar full for sure. I checked Hydromet today; it shows Bur of Rec started dropping Arrowrock 3 days ago. But it looked like a full teacup yesterday evening as I drove past the top of the dam.

Latest update!

Took the family out yesterday, boys are off on Thursdays due to Covid, and wife was able to flex some time, so why not? Headed over to Arrow Rock and launched around 12PM, water is definitely topped off right now, dam is flowing all but 2 gates, and the best news of all, the road has definitely been graded and cleaned up!

Fishing, well, not spectacular at all. Went up toward Irish Creek where I usually see some life, literally saw nothing on the finder. Spent about an hour there, then decided to head up into the arm near Cottonwood Camp ground and spent the rest of the day there to get out of the wind and play around hitting some of the structure in that area. Caught a whitefish and a smallish rainbow, both went back in.

Overall, was a nice day, a bit windy and not much for fishing, but it was quiet with only about 4 or 5 boats out on the water besides us. Will try again in a month or so, hopefully it picks up with the warmer water temps (which was about 45º yesterday).

Pic for seeing the amount of water from yesterday, looking west at Irish Creek Campground:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5107.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	10118

Default Arrow rock?

Has anyone fished arrow rock lately? I see online the reservoir is very low, I have been fishing lucky peak but it seems to have slowed and I am tired of being off the water by 9 in my little raft. Have not fished arrow rock this summer, any recent info would be great. Thanks