Thread: 2021 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

Hybrid View

Default 2021 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Boat access

Hello,
    I noticed the boat ramp and most free camping (spillway) areas are closed until May 15 2021. Does this mean you cant launch your boat or park until May?

I've launched there before 15 May.... Just make sure there aren't any barriers erected that will cause you problems when launching. The docks won't be in the water just yet.....and there may be too much snow on the ground to get in there. If I remember correctly, last year it was a muddy mess trying to launch during the the thaw. You will most likely need 4 wheel drive if you don't have it.

Pauli

Default Ramp at vicinity of Anderson Dam

Saturday, I was down at the ramp near the dam, i think it is called Elk Creek Ramp? Anyway, the dock was not close to being in the water, but the ramp itself is accessible and there it is dry. Talked to a couple of boats when they came in. Said there were not a ton of fish biting, but the fish that were landed had good size for this time of year. Water is clear, at least near the launch, do not know how it looks closer to the narrows and Lime Creek.

Default Camping and Boat Launch at Anderson Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I've launched there before 15 May.... Just make sure there aren't any barriers erected that will cause you problems when launching. The docks won't be in the water just yet.....and there may be too much snow on the ground to get in there. If I remember correctly, last year it was a muddy mess trying to launch during the the thaw. You will most likely need 4 wheel drive if you don't have it.

Pauli
    Are you able to camp and put in a boat at Anderson right now?? (April 24?) Thanks.

Default Launching at Anderson

You are able to launch at Anderson, i launched at Curlew on Saturday. The dock is not in the water, but you are able to launch-

Default Launched At The Dam

Launched at the damn today. Fished 8-1. We tried everything, every bait, every dodger, every depth. Not a single bite from anything. Few other boats on the water but they didn’t seem to catching much either. Anyone else have the same experience at Anderson? I feel we would have at least marked something today but not even a mark on the sonar.

Default Saturday 5/15

Started at Daylight. Fished until Noon. Hooked 10, landed 5. 2 over 19" (just barely). Some of the nicest koks I have ever caught. two of them actually broke me off. Fished hard for them. Pink, pink, pink. 25-30'.

Default My wife and I a planning a trip to ANDERSON on Monday

Never fished ANDERSON before but have bee doing well at Lucky Peak and CJ Strike. Can anyone tell me if the boat ramps are available and at what launches. I’ll report back to the group.

Thanks in advance.

Default Curlew open, Pine is low.

My wife and I visited Anderson yesterday. The lake is quite low. The Pine ramp pavement goes about a foot into the water, the dock is out. At Curlew, the pavement extends deep enough to launch, and the dock is useable in the water. Very few boats out on the water.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Thanks for the reply.

Default ramp report

I was at the dam ramp about 2 weeks ago, the ramp was good, stay to the dam side, but no docks yet. Good luck, I caught mine on pink and silver dodgers long linning, red wedding ring, with corn soaked in tuna oil

Default LP POOL

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    More fish, less Virus in 2021.

Has anyone fished the dam pool this fall? would think there be a concentration of trout and maybe a few KOKS See its now 18% at LP