Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2021 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boise. Idaho
    Posts
    483

    Default 2021 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

    More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default Boat access

    Hello,
    I noticed the boat ramp and most free camping (spillway) areas are closed until May 15 2021. Does this mean you cant launch your boat or park until May?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I've launched there before 15 May.... Just make sure there aren't any barriers erected that will cause you problems when launching. The docks won't be in the water just yet.....and there may be too much snow on the ground to get in there. If I remember correctly, last year it was a muddy mess trying to launch during the the thaw. You will most likely need 4 wheel drive if you don't have it.


    Pauli

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default Ramp at vicinity of Anderson Dam

    Saturday, I was down at the ramp near the dam, i think it is called Elk Creek Ramp? Anyway, the dock was not close to being in the water, but the ramp itself is accessible and there it is dry. Talked to a couple of boats when they came in. Said there were not a ton of fish biting, but the fish that were landed had good size for this time of year. Water is clear, at least near the launch, do not know how it looks closer to the narrows and Lime Creek.

  5. #5

    Default Camping and Boat Launch at Anderson Reservoir

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I've launched there before 15 May.... Just make sure there aren't any barriers erected that will cause you problems when launching. The docks won't be in the water just yet.....and there may be too much snow on the ground to get in there. If I remember correctly, last year it was a muddy mess trying to launch during the the thaw. You will most likely need 4 wheel drive if you don't have it.


    Pauli
    Are you able to camp and put in a boat at Anderson right now?? (April 24?) Thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default Launching at Anderson

    You are able to launch at Anderson, i launched at Curlew on Saturday. The dock is not in the water, but you are able to launch-

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1

    Default Launched At The Dam

    Launched at the damn today. Fished 8-1. We tried everything, every bait, every dodger, every depth. Not a single bite from anything. Few other boats on the water but they didnít seem to catching much either. Anyone else have the same experience at Anderson? I feel we would have at least marked something today but not even a mark on the sonar.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    boise Idaho
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSDRacing View Post
    Launched at the damn today. Fished 8-1. We tried everything, every bait, every dodger, every depth. Not a single bite from anything. Few other boats on the water but they didnít seem to catching much either. Anyone else have the same experience at Anderson? I feel we would have at least marked something today but not even a mark on the sonar.
    2nd week of March we had our sss handed to us. Same thing☹☹

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default Last Saturday

    Last Saturday 3:30-6:00 fished N and S of Curlew ramp. Fished longlines between 100-120' of line out with 1oz weight. Had two bites, landed one, about 18 1/2". Marked quite a few fish, largely between 35-42 feet.

    Talked to one other boat, they said earlier in the day they were getting a bite about every 20 minutes, that was NOT the case for us.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Mtn Home
    Posts
    118

    Default Slow at best

    Fished from Fall creek to Curlew long line and down rigger 7 hrs trolling all different depth's and speeds.I Tried several different combinations
    talked to 5 different boats one boat had one fish the other boats did not get a bite and I did not get a bite

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default 01 MAY

    Had to wait for the wind to die down yesterday evening. Did manage about an 1:15 of fishing time. Had 6 bites, lost 2 (one lost at boat due to poor netting on my part-big fish), missed 3 bites, and landed one (17 3/4"). Lots of fish marked largely between 20-42 feet of water. Water temp was about 54 degrees.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default slow at best

    I caught a 18 inch one on the 28th, a 14 on the 29th, and my wife caught her first Kokanee on the 30th, a 20 1/4 inch Kokanee, all long lines. Only lost 1 fish, tried every color, speed etc., a slow 3 days, but still had fun, and yes, the wind was not the best at times

  13. #13

    Default Anderson

    Last year I went 4 times. Best fishing I had was from 6am to 9am. Died off fast after that. I headed up tomorrow to see how it is. Plan on spending part of the day targeting chinook. Got pretty good at finding them last year, but looking for bigger ones this time.

  14. #14

    Default Anderson 05/05/2021

    Fished all day with 4 lines. Downrigger at everything from 1 foot to 50, fished from curlew to fall creek, speeds from 1.3 to 2.0. Caught 1 19" Chinook and 1 18" squawfish. Saw quite a few other boats and only saw one other person boat anything and it appeared to be a kokanee. Tried different dodgers, squid, rapalas, even tried targeting Chinook for 4 hours using kokanee colored double jointed raps and trolling anywhere from 20 to 60 at 2mph to 2.3 mph, and nothing. Was rare to even see anything on the fish finder.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    Fished all day with 4 lines. Downrigger at everything from 1 foot to 50, fished from curlew to fall creek, speeds from 1.3 to 2.0. Caught 1 19" Chinook and 1 18" squawfish. Saw quite a few other boats and only saw one other person boat anything and it appeared to be a kokanee. Tried different dodgers, squid, rapalas, even tried targeting Chinook for 4 hours using kokanee colored double jointed raps and trolling anywhere from 20 to 60 at 2mph to 2.3 mph, and nothing. Was rare to even see anything on the fish finder.
    I appreciate you taking the time to report.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •