Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2021 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Boat access

Hello,
    I noticed the boat ramp and most free camping (spillway) areas are closed until May 15 2021. Does this mean you cant launch your boat or park until May?

I've launched there before 15 May.... Just make sure there aren't any barriers erected that will cause you problems when launching. The docks won't be in the water just yet.....and there may be too much snow on the ground to get in there. If I remember correctly, last year it was a muddy mess trying to launch during the the thaw. You will most likely need 4 wheel drive if you don't have it.

Pauli

Default Ramp at vicinity of Anderson Dam

Saturday, I was down at the ramp near the dam, i think it is called Elk Creek Ramp? Anyway, the dock was not close to being in the water, but the ramp itself is accessible and there it is dry. Talked to a couple of boats when they came in. Said there were not a ton of fish biting, but the fish that were landed had good size for this time of year. Water is clear, at least near the launch, do not know how it looks closer to the narrows and Lime Creek.

Default Camping and Boat Launch at Anderson Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I've launched there before 15 May.... Just make sure there aren't any barriers erected that will cause you problems when launching. The docks won't be in the water just yet.....and there may be too much snow on the ground to get in there. If I remember correctly, last year it was a muddy mess trying to launch during the the thaw. You will most likely need 4 wheel drive if you don't have it.

Pauli
    Are you able to camp and put in a boat at Anderson right now?? (April 24?) Thanks.

Default Launching at Anderson

You are able to launch at Anderson, i launched at Curlew on Saturday. The dock is not in the water, but you are able to launch-

Default Launched At The Dam

Launched at the damn today. Fished 8-1. We tried everything, every bait, every dodger, every depth. Not a single bite from anything. Few other boats on the water but they didn’t seem to catching much either. Anyone else have the same experience at Anderson? I feel we would have at least marked something today but not even a mark on the sonar.

Quote Originally Posted by DSDRacing View Post
    Launched at the damn today. Fished 8-1. We tried everything, every bait, every dodger, every depth. Not a single bite from anything. Few other boats on the water but they didn’t seem to catching much either. Anyone else have the same experience at Anderson? I feel we would have at least marked something today but not even a mark on the sonar.
    2nd week of March we had our sss handed to us. Same thing☹☹

Default Last Saturday

Last Saturday 3:30-6:00 fished N and S of Curlew ramp. Fished longlines between 100-120' of line out with 1oz weight. Had two bites, landed one, about 18 1/2". Marked quite a few fish, largely between 35-42 feet.

Talked to one other boat, they said earlier in the day they were getting a bite about every 20 minutes, that was NOT the case for us.

Default Slow at best

Fished from Fall creek to Curlew long line and down rigger 7 hrs trolling all different depth's and speeds.I Tried several different combinations
    talked to 5 different boats one boat had one fish the other boats did not get a bite and I did not get a bite

Default 01 MAY

Had to wait for the wind to die down yesterday evening. Did manage about an 1:15 of fishing time. Had 6 bites, lost 2 (one lost at boat due to poor netting on my part-big fish), missed 3 bites, and landed one (17 3/4"). Lots of fish marked largely between 20-42 feet of water. Water temp was about 54 degrees.

Default slow at best

I caught a 18 inch one on the 28th, a 14 on the 29th, and my wife caught her first Kokanee on the 30th, a 20 1/4 inch Kokanee, all long lines. Only lost 1 fish, tried every color, speed etc., a slow 3 days, but still had fun, and yes, the wind was not the best at times

Default Anderson

Last year I went 4 times. Best fishing I had was from 6am to 9am. Died off fast after that. I headed up tomorrow to see how it is. Plan on spending part of the day targeting chinook. Got pretty good at finding them last year, but looking for bigger ones this time.

Default Anderson 05/05/2021

Fished all day with 4 lines. Downrigger at everything from 1 foot to 50, fished from curlew to fall creek, speeds from 1.3 to 2.0. Caught 1 19" Chinook and 1 18" squawfish. Saw quite a few other boats and only saw one other person boat anything and it appeared to be a kokanee. Tried different dodgers, squid, rapalas, even tried targeting Chinook for 4 hours using kokanee colored double jointed raps and trolling anywhere from 20 to 60 at 2mph to 2.3 mph, and nothing. Was rare to even see anything on the fish finder.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    Fished all day with 4 lines. Downrigger at everything from 1 foot to 50, fished from curlew to fall creek, speeds from 1.3 to 2.0. Caught 1 19" Chinook and 1 18" squawfish. Saw quite a few other boats and only saw one other person boat anything and it appeared to be a kokanee. Tried different dodgers, squid, rapalas, even tried targeting Chinook for 4 hours using kokanee colored double jointed raps and trolling anywhere from 20 to 60 at 2mph to 2.3 mph, and nothing. Was rare to even see anything on the fish finder.
    I appreciate you taking the time to report.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Saturday 8 May

Fished last Saturday evening for an hour and a half. Had three takers, none landed. Fished from Curlew south towards Lime Creek. The bites came between 6:15-700pm, after 7:00 it went quiet. Fished 4 longlines with between 100-120 feet of line out using a 1 oz weight.

Marked quite a few, mostly between 25-45ft. Water temp was about 53 degrees-

Default Saturday 5/15

Started at Daylight. Fished until Noon. Hooked 10, landed 5. 2 over 19" (just barely). Some of the nicest koks I have ever caught. two of them actually broke me off. Fished hard for them. Pink, pink, pink. 25-30'.

Default My wife and I a planning a trip to ANDERSON on Monday

Never fished ANDERSON before but have bee doing well at Lucky Peak and CJ Strike. Can anyone tell me if the boat ramps are available and at what launches. I’ll report back to the group.

Thanks in advance.

Default Curlew open, Pine is low.

My wife and I visited Anderson yesterday. The lake is quite low. The Pine ramp pavement goes about a foot into the water, the dock is out. At Curlew, the pavement extends deep enough to launch, and the dock is useable in the water. Very few boats out on the water.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Thanks for the reply.

Default ramp report

I was at the dam ramp about 2 weeks ago, the ramp was good, stay to the dam side, but no docks yet. Good luck, I caught mine on pink and silver dodgers long linning, red wedding ring, with corn soaked in tuna oil

We arrived at Curlew at 7:00 this morning. One other boat beat us on the lake from there. Counted 8 boats during our exploration in which we covered the whole lake. We picked up a lot of fish off our Garmin at Curlew but didn’t find them anywhere else. Maybe they were in the top water in other places but 15-35 around Curlew. My wife landed 2 fish, a 18” Koke and a Rainbow. I drive the boat and she catches the fish. We caught them on hand made jigs, a chartreuse squid and chartreuse spinner, both scented and with corn. Just cleaned up the filet knife and cutting board. I can hardly wait to see what my wife turns them in to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1680968D-1A97-4298-BDC4-4B9D37A387FF.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	10134  

Still slow, slow, slow .
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Where'd They Go?

We went up to Anderson for three days last week. Great weather and had a good time on the boat. We trolled from Curlew to the dam and everywhere in between. The normal not-so-secret weapons weren't working so I tried a couple of different Rapala's my Grandpa used to use. We tried everything from the top water to 70'. Unfortunately we didn't get a single hit. The fish-finder looked pretty scare also. Talked to a couple of folks in Pine and they were saying only two fish were caught over a weekend. Not sue if I blame aliens or Sasquatch.
    Hopefully it makes a comeback next year. Still a nice trip and always see friendly people on the water.
    Reel Therapy II 24' NW Jet Always out fished by my beautiful wife

Default 2 Chinooks

Fished 7-2 today. Super slow, only action was two chinooks near the power lines. Both on pink at 90-100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast