Thread: 2021 North Idaho Kokanee Report (CDA, Spirit, and Priest Lake Area)

Default 2021 North Idaho Kokanee Report (CDA, Spirit, and Priest Lake Area)

More fish, less Virus in 2021.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Headed to CDA

We are headed to CDA for the first week of August. Primarily fishing for Chinook but we will certainly play with the Kokes. My wife and I are treating ourselves to a stay at the CDA resort for our 60th birthdays plus we haven’t had a good vacation in many years. We have never fished CDA before and I was hoping some of you experienced anglers could share some tips with us. It is my birthday after all.

Thanks I advance.

David Sawyer

My advice is to pay for a guide the first day and then you will be in the know.

That is exactly what I plan to do. Whenever I hit a new area, a guide is worth their weight in gold. I wanted to learn how to Sturgeon fish the Snake River where I live so I hired a guide.

My sons fish

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51D571EF-FA82-48FD-A3D9-245675B7D055.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	10146

Any recommendations for guides in the area?

Beautiful sturgeon! In CDA I've fished with Premier Charters -208-599-0409 and been very happy.

What do you know about Fins and Feathers (Adventure Guide Service). I have been searching and they have good web presence (if that is important.) It is hard to shop via computer and land with a guide that is a good fit. Why did you choose them? Have you used them more than once? What did you like about them? Would you use them again?

I like/need/want a good teacher. Also, I need one that will keep my wife happy (if you know what I mean.)

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope my questions don’t put you off.

We talked with the gut in fins and feathers because that's where we bought my wife's license. Seemed like a great guy. If we hadn't scheduled already with Premier Charters I would have been very happy to book with Fin's and Feather's.

Glad to hear that. After your reply, I called them and booked a trip. Jeff, the owner I believe, seemed like a great guy. I told him what I was looking for and he was happy to help me learn. They are going to pick us up at the dock where we are staying at 6:00 am. I asked him to sell me some gear for the rest of our trip and he was happy to do so. I am really excited to have a week of a beautiful lake. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Thanks for your feedback.