Thread: Another small project done

Default Another small project done

Since it is Winter, now I am just making stuff up. Lol. Floor hatch door was bugging me that it had to lay on the floor to stay open so I added a shock strut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9203DDC7-EBDC-4BD2-905A-BA618B836E3F.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	10050  
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Nice work. Now is the time to get things ready for next spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Armondo View Post
    Nice work. Now is the time to get things ready for next spring!
    If parts would ever arrive from China I would be ready!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    If parts would ever arrive from China I would be ready!
    That's a nice idea adding the door strut. After 3mo of not getting a part for my main motor and no delivery date insight I cancelled order & requested refund which came thru immediately. I found another source who just got the part in stock, purchased it and shipped same day. It will be here Dec 9.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Roger, I called and fired the place that I had my fish finder on order since August because they weren't even willing to give me an estimated guess date. Someone let me know that Cabela's has some Helix 12's on clearance so I called them to verify that they actually had inventory in stock. I was assured that they did so I ordered and should have it this week. Do you have a floor box? I have an extra strut.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Roger, I called and fired the place that I had my fish finder on order since August
    I did not fire the first source, been ordering from them for past 4yrs. The part had to come from the manufacturer, after 1st month with no delivery date I contacted another source in which I was given same reason as the first, none available and has to come from manufacturer as these business's stock were depleted. COVID slowed down a lot of business's. At the end of 3rd month I rechecked with the 2nd source and now they had a couple of the items I needed. That when I cancelled my order with the first business and requested a refund. No hesitation from them. My newly order is in route. I have nothing bad to say about the first business as everything was handled. When looking at how politicians are wreaking havoc on business's we are LUCKY to be able to get some of these items. I WILL continue to use the first source with a good review.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Would you guys mind posting the names of these businesses for me? Looking at the HELIX 7 CHIRP Mega SI G3N to tie into the new Terrova, was planning on getting it through Idaho Marine, but they don't have one in stock right now.
    Would order one through them unless you folks have had problems getting things on time.

Thanks!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Angler View Post
    Would you guys mind posting the names of these businesses for me? Looking at the HELIX 7 CHIRP Mega SI G3N to tie into the new Terrova, was planning on getting it through Idaho Marine, but they don't have one in stock right now.
    Would order one through them unless you folks have had problems getting things on time.

Thanks!
    Chris
    Chris, look at the Humminbird Factory Outlet Store. Also, Cabela's has a Gen2N on clearance.
    Last edited by SuperD; 12-09-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks for the info! I used that outletstore before, it was a disaster and I ended up having to contact BBB just to get them to refund my money on a product they never even had in stock! I'll check out Cabela's and see which model it is and whether it's compatible with the IPilot link.

I ordered 2 things from them and learned that if you pay with PayPal, you are charged immediately. If you pay with a regular credit card they don't charge until they ship the item.
    Last edited by SuperD; 12-09-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Well, after hours of comparing the G2 and the G3 online, the biggest difference between the two is the new model has "mega" imaging, and I broke down and bought the G3. Buy once and cry once, right? Price from Idaho Marine was almost the same as online, so just went with them. At least if I have an issue, I can physically take it down to them and have them replace or repair it without dealing with shipping it all over the place.

I figure the mega imaging will be a nice added feature, this boat sees a lot of different fishing spots, I think it will be worth having it. I don't plan on changing this out for many years, so long as it continues to work correctly.

Its installed and looks much sharper and detailed when compared with the Garmin Stryker Plus 5CV it replaced. It also ties into the Terrova quite well! Pulled the tracks I recorded of Arrow Rock instantly.

Bonus!!! The Garmin swivel bracket fits this almost perfectly! Just added a rubber washer about a quarter inch thick to one side of the bracket and she's solid in the boat yet still moves up and down easily enough. Its also a cheaper bracket at about 20 bucks online, and it keeps the unit low on the dash.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4739.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	10052

Gotta buy an extension network cable for the Terrova next week so I can route it behind the wall up front and under the dash. Don't plan on going out anytime soon, last weekend's trip to CJ for some crappie fishing was good but way too cold!

Chris