Thread: Hell Hole Reservoir 8/2-8/6

Default Hell Hole Reservoir 8/2-8/6

Headed to Hell Hole Reservoir for most of a week to celebrate my 60th birthday and do some fishing and relaxing. Kokanee were not cooperating the four days we fished. Tried everything lure-wise and from 100' up to 35' for two kokes, one 10" bleeder and a nice fat 17-incher. Also caught/released two 20-22" macks that hit on the tiny lures we were dragging for kokanee. Anyone know if Hell Hole got any plants in 2018-19? Never had this poor of luck there.

I fished it one time back in 84' (36yrs ago) and it left me with the impression of being Hell Hole. We only caught 1 small trout for the day we spent there. It did have a beautiful setting of the Sierras.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

It is beautiful country up there. It does live up to the name Hell Hole in that aptly named campground on the left going towards the launch ramp. It's sheltered from any breeze/wind and there is a small pond fed by a natural spring right next to the camps. You have to keep your pets and small children tied down or else the hordes of mosquitoes will carry them off!

Karen and I got lost up there one trip and ended up on the goat road to Hell. It was barely as wide as my truck with a 1000' cliff next to us and smoke was rolling off my brakes like a burn pile.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Karen and I got lost up there one trip and ended up on the goat road to Hell. It was barely as wide as my truck with a 1000' cliff next to us and smoke was rolling off my brakes like a burn pile.
    Damn, that sux!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet