Thread: Strawberry 27th

Default Strawberry 27th

Finally was able to get to Berry this past week after a few boat issues. We hit the lake shortly after 5:00 and headed northeast away from the triangle. Fished early with pink and pearl set-ups and were consistently scratching away at the fish. Once the sun came up and the water became flat calm we went deeper with orange and green. Fished until 10:30 until we had 3 limits. Lost several as usual, but was overall very pleased with the day. Tried a new technique that worked well and was very happy with the quality. We landed four fish over four pounds and several others that were just under that mark. Big healthy fish this year and very acrobatic. Best depths were between 38 and 42 feet deep after about the first hour.

Welcome aboard Igottabigone What part of the state you hiding in? Nice first post, glad to see you were able to get into the healthy ones. I caught some last week at the Berry and planning another run. Right now I'm trying to figure out what time of year it is. I saw some snow on mountain top.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Bduck,
    I live in South Jordan. We have a family cabin at the Berry and consider the Berry to be my home field. I've been going there since I was born. I've been fishing for Kokes for the past 7 years or so. I prefer it to any other type of fishing at the Berry. We caught a Koke about two decades ago during the summer and had no idea they were in there. In hindsight, we should have picked up on it much earlier. We used to only chase them when they were spawning back in the day and would only catch and release. Usually, we are able to hit the lake over dozen times a summer during the prime time, but this year has been a bit different. What part of the state do you call home? Hopefully, I'll be able to meet you on the water and other members. I enjoy the friendships created by common interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Igottabigone View Post
    Bduck,
    I live in South Jordan. We have a family cabin at the Berry and consider the Berry to be my home field. I've been going there since I was born. I've been fishing for Kokes for the past 7 years or so. I prefer it to any other type of fishing at the Berry. We caught a Koke about two decades ago during the summer and had no idea they were in there. In hindsight, we should have picked up on it much earlier. We used to only chase them when they were spawning back in the day and would only catch and release. Usually, we are able to hit the lake over dozen times a summer during the prime time, but this year has been a bit different. What part of the state do you call home? Hopefully, I'll be able to meet you on the water and other members. I enjoy the friendships created by common interests.
    I'm in north Ogden area in Harrisville, within spitting distance of Willard Bay. I have a 2 tone green/tan Columbia boat, if you see me give me a holler. So far its the only Columbia boat I have seen in this part of the country but that doesn't mean their not out there. However the style of boat is popular.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF