Thread: Gorge 6/15-6/16

Default Gorge 6/15-6/16

Me, dad and the girlfriend made it up to anvil late saturday night just in time for dinner and a nap. Fished from sunup till noon on sunday and bite was a little slow, caught a couple keepers and went back to camp to relax.
    Got on the water about 8 a.m monday morning and immedietly hooked a nice 20" class koke on a squid down at 35' feet, that seemed to be the ticket depth the rest of the day. Finished up our 3 limits of nice 17-20" kokes around 1pm and went back to camp.
    The bite has slowed down, but the bigger fish seem to be showing up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kokess.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	9978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gvvvv1 (1).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	9979  
    Mack's Pro Staff

Nice haul Kody. It has been very slow from what I've heard and experienced recently. It should start picking up hopefully soon, I need a summer run.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

It definitely slowed down from April and may, not seeing as many fish on sonar, and when we found fish you didn't want to leave em, they all seemed to be tightly schooled together. Didn't really catch any fish near the surface like we have been either.
    Mack's Pro Staff

I am headed over there to fish Friday and Saturday. What part of Anvil were you fishing?

We ran north outta anvil, Holmes crossing, big bend area. Super UV (pearl/white) hoochies caught 3 to 1.
    Mack's Pro Staff

Thanks for the info! We'll go out and see what we can do.

Default Message for your Dad

Kody, tell your Dad I said he needs to see a barber real soon.

Nice fish by the by. Heading back up there next week for a second go at them with a friend.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

ha ha bob, he hasn't cut a centimeter off in 15 years, it won't grow back if he does!!!
    Mack's Pro Staff