Thread: FG 6-11-2020

Default FG 6-11-2020

This was one of the toughest days I've had to endure koke fishing. Had 5 hookups which 4 of them felt like they had some shoulders up to the point where they self released and the 5th one was a dink. Then after that it was nothing going on for a long while. Listening to the radio others was having no love catching either. I picked a 2lb pup but not sure how long I was dragging it around. Finally got a koke into the boat worthy enough to keep. Decided to try one area before ending the day. Marked a lot on the graph at all depths but issue was max depth 45'. As I was dragging the presentation thru this population I finally got a taker. This one fought stripping line going deep making me think its a koke, at least it felt like one. After wrestling with it for a few minutes I could see it 20' from the boat that it was of good size, however it didn't have the silver features. When I went to net it took another chance at stripping line. The fight was on for one last hoorah. My thoughts were a feisty laker. Once again prior to this brute going into net I caught a silver flash where the sun had hit it just right as it rolled in the water. Now I'm a little confused what it is because I haven't been able to get a good visual on it. Havoc was being wreaked at the net now and when finally netted there was its own version of a barrel roll twisting the net. As I finally got it in the boat my dog was adding to the thrill also. Now it's revealing time of what caused such a great heart thumping fight. It turned out to be a cutthroat, by Strawberry's standards it was a slot buster measuring 23" 4½lbs. Not even the Strawberry cutts don't put up any effort to let you know they are hooked up. So I brought home a cutt, a pup & a koke- A HAPPY MEAL..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6110009.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	9976  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I wondered where you were off too yesterday. Sounds like you got the variety pack.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

The first cut I got at FG I did not know what was going on did not now they were in there. was thinking Strawberry has to many of them why would they put them in Flaming Gorge.
    I'm still having night mares about the ones we missed last time I was there.
    for me it is lucking out and stoping on them, then when they don't hook good you wonder what you can do better ,am I holding the pole right, better hooks, have them father apart closer to each other, more bend in the dodgers, hope some one can tell me. sometime no matter what you do you never miss any.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    I wondered where you were off too yesterday. Sounds like you got the variety pack.
    Dave, it was one of those days I didn't know if I was going out fishing until the last minute. I did quite a bit around the house on Wednesday including changing the AC clutch on my truck and was tired.

Robert, you are so right. One thing I did notice I forgot to take my bait corn but I keep asticots in the boat which the neutral seem to be the favorite. Strawberry is up next but windy forecast is in play AGAIN. The power squadrons are out in full force now. The parking lot at Lucerne was 3/4 full
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

What I thought was a cutthroat I stand to correct my catch to be a brown. I wouldn't have never expected to catch a brown let alone a cutt although they are both in there.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Nice broom tail whatever it was.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Fun read BDuck! Thanks for sharing the pandemonium fish!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Quote Originally Posted by MMDON View Post
    Fun read BDuck! Thanks for sharing the pandemonium fish!
    Ya Don, sh** happens senility sets in. Its a wonder I found my way home that day after being up since the wee hours
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Default powerbolt

Last edited by platypus; 06-21-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Ya Don, sh** happens senility sets in. Its a wonder I found my way home that day after being up since the wee hours
    True that. Sh** happens to us all! LOL
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet