Thread: FG 6-11-2020

Threaded View

Default FG 6-11-2020

This was one of the toughest days I've had to endure koke fishing. Had 5 hookups which 4 of them felt like they had some shoulders up to the point where they self released and the 5th one was a dink. Then after that it was nothing going on for a long while. Listening to the radio others was having no love catching either. I picked a 2lb pup but not sure how long I was dragging it around. Finally got a koke into the boat worthy enough to keep. Decided to try one area before ending the day. Marked a lot on the graph at all depths but issue was max depth 45'. As I was dragging the presentation thru this population I finally got a taker. This one fought stripping line going deep making me think its a koke, at least it felt like one. After wrestling with it for a few minutes I could see it 20' from the boat that it was of good size, however it didn't have the silver features. When I went to net it took another chance at stripping line. The fight was on for one last hoorah. My thoughts were a feisty laker. Once again prior to this brute going into net I caught a silver flash where the sun had hit it just right as it rolled in the water. Now I'm a little confused what it is because I haven't been able to get a good visual on it. Havoc was being wreaked at the net now and when finally netted there was its own version of a barrel roll twisting the net. As I finally got it in the boat my dog was adding to the thrill also. Now it's revealing time of what caused such a great heart thumping fight. It turned out to be a cutthroat, by Strawberry's standards it was a slot buster measuring 23" 4½lbs. Not even the Strawberry cutts don't put up any effort to let you know they are hooked up. So I brought home a cutt, a pup & a koke- A HAPPY MEAL..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6110009.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	9976  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF