Thread: Tue the 3 to Thu the 5th WY side

Default Tue the 3 to Thu the 5th WY side

still learning a lot about catching kokanee I got into some big kokanee also some little ones.

we did not have any trouble catching Kokanee but I went to some places that in the past had kokanee and none there, so wondering if the numbers are down.
    Tue was in some big lakers at the state line only about two boats by us (should have taken some snapshots on the fishfinder but did not) Thusday coming home about 10:30 saw a lot of boats right where we were fishing for lakers even saw the big yellow guide boat.

back to kokanee where we were catching kokanee the water was 100 to 150 feet deep.
    Wed was in some big kokanee would see them come up 10 to 20 feet to the squid. just one. no schools went there Thur. they were gone had to move.

If you know me, I watch the water temp and put at least one downrigger ball down to 52 or 54 deg water temp. Wed that temp was about down 27 feet.

Thursday Probe depth. down 44 feet temp. was 53.9 deg at 8 41 am top temp was 57.5.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dodger and downrigger balls.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	9971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04JUN20 Garmin koke school.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	9972

Thanks for the interesting report.

I've been saying all season that finding them has been half the battle. Many of the "usual" places have been a wasteland so far. My feeling is that the lake is down about 5' from last year and wondering if that has moved the fish?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Default Fish Are Moving

The last 10 days the fish up north have been on the move. I am guessing its due to the big release that's been going for almost two weeks. Hope they shut it off before the pond is a mud puddle.

A few days after the water started moving the bigger Kokes scattered and a lot of small kokes showed up at Buckboard.

The shortcut on the canyon end is getting pretty shallow.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk