Thread: Heading over today - June 5

Default Heading over today - June 5

I am NOT happy with the weather forecast for the next few days, but have to go because we are hosting some friends from Texas and they left home yesterday. Thunderstorms, rain, and cold! Not good. Stay tuned.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

We will be there monday for the week.I hope it will clear in the middle of the week . If not I guess we will still fish Hope to see ya there

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    I am NOT happy with the weather forecast for the next few days, but have to go because we are hosting some friends from Texas and they left home yesterday. Thunderstorms, rain, and cold! Not good. Stay tuned.
    I feel your pain Bob. The one day I wanted to go a doctors appt interferes with a nice day.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

We arrived at the Villa Inn on Friday afternoon. We fished Saturday and Sunday and it was cold, wet, and tough fishing. The weather was terrible on Monday and we did not fish at all. Tuesday and Wednesday weather was severe clear but still a tad chilly. We all caught fish and enjoyed the visiting. I think in the future, early June will not be considered. Sometime after Father's Day weekend will be the target period. The fishing was slow and there were far too many long distance releases (LDRs). And more small fish (5" to 7") than in years past. Largest fish of the trip was only 2 lbs, 14 oz. We caught one laker pup at 21" and one cutthroat about 14". I'm heading back over later this month with a local friend for 2 days. Hoping for way better weather then.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

I agree with the bad weather we got there Monday in the snow storm. Did not fish Monday or Tuesday. Fished wed. and Thursday and the bite was early up north. Nothing big but took a while to get them. will be back after fathers day for another round