Thread: Nice trip on May 21 & 22, 2020

Default Nice trip on May 21 & 22, 2020

I drove over to Manila and arrived about 8:30, checked in at the Villa Inn, chatted with the owner for a few, then headed over to Lucerne Valley Marina. Launched and went north towards Rawlins. I Stoped short of Rawlins to set everything up and had the first line in the water at 9:55 AM. Trolled towards Rawlins and turned northwest just outside the bay. At 10:25, boated kokanee #1. At 10:45, I boated kokanee #3. Done - in 20 minutes. Life is good. 😁

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200521_145447.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	9967

This was the ticket.

Name:	20200521_100103.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	9968

I then stowed everything and headed over to Sheep Creek Bay looking for some Mac Pups. Looked everywhere for 4 hours. Zippo, nada, zilch, none! Of well, there's always next time.

Up early Friday AM and went to Sheep Creek launch ramp. I drove around to Hideout and dropped my lines in about 7 AM. Fifteen minutes later I had 2 in the boat, lost one at the net, and had 2 LDRs. Then, it went dead. At about 8:50, I decided to change lures again for the 5th or 6th time. Finally put down a purple Apex. Two minutes after it went down - BINGO - kokanee #3 (biggest for the day). I then packed everything away, cleaned the fish, and headed back home. I like it. 😊

Name:	20200522_093436.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	9969

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Nice fish! I am headed over there in a few weeks and looking to do the same thing. I have caught quite a few Kokes on the Wyoming side. Where are some good places to try in Utah? I will be staying in Manila like you and would like to maybe try the Utah side on day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Nice fish! I am headed over there in a few weeks and looking to do the same thing. I have caught quite a few Kokes on the Wyoming side. Where are some good places to try in Utah? I will be staying in Manila like you and would like to maybe try the Utah side on day 2.
    Sheep Creek and Hideout areas can produce on occasion and easy access from Manila from either Lucerne or Sheep Creek launches.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Nice going Bob, I like your way of doing a short stint Gorging. An overnight stay supplying your kokanee possession limit, work on a few dogs & pups and back home in preparation of where the next outing will be. Its time to head to the high country to enjoy the cool weather. The furnace is kicking in for us valley dwellers.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

that's the way to do it. Sure wish we could have 2 day limit in possession here in Wyoming. I have to drive 150 miles back home and drop off my three, then if I want to fish the next day I have to drive back 150 miles.