Thread: 5/17 Report

Default 5/17 Report

Finding the fish seems to be the biggest chore right now. Catch a couple of fish and it is almost immediately a combat fishing situation. We fished Anvil area where we have been having some success lately but I think they have been pounded and pressured into submission enough that we need to find a new spot. Yesterday, was very slow but we had a scratch bite going until the fleet all tried to fish our path pattern. The bite was still in the 35' - 40' range.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks for coming out Dave it was fun to get out with you again.

Like Dave said it was kinda slow for us. I fished for kokes the day before and it was the same. I did get a koke that was yellow and I am wondering if anyone else has ever seen one like that. It wasn't orange like an albino trout, it was yellow like a traffic light. I put it back without getting a pic.

Way to go guys, there are those trips where scratching out a few for the box makes you work for them. My last time there we found a few kokes at Anvil but wasn't as hot as some would say, but did find them in Rawlin's. The summer pattern is starting to set in.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Those SOB’s sure know where to hide in the Spring. If a guy didn’t know better, they would swear their finder was broke with all the white screen time.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks to Aaron and Dave for the advice. Me and my boy were able to get a few on Sunday. We fished Monday and it was about the same only we fish in Rawlins and there were a few fish but not many there either. they we in 25' t0 35' We will be back in a week or so looking again.

Yep, they are on the move to the summer grounds and with the Memorial Day weekend here there should be some fish scattering. As Dave mentioned a white screen makes you your finder is broken well that works the other as well. When I found all those kokes in Rawlins at first I thought there was only clutter fouling the screen.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF