Thread: Berry Slim 8-04-2021

Default Berry Slim 8-04-2021

This year has been tough at Strawberry, I made the trip to enjoy a beautiful day out on the Berry only to catch those nagging cutts. If it wasn't for them it would be skunkville. AFDan was partnered with me this day and we threw anything and all we could to entice the taking. I did hook up with 2 kokes but couldn't get them near the boat before getting a no no head shake then they were gone. We fished from 6:30am up to 1pm with 1 koke Dan caught at the end which was just under 2lbs.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Man does that sound like the theme of the season just about everywhere. I'm heading to Strawberry for the first time tomorrow afternoon. We're planning on camping off the boat near the narrows. I'm excited to catch a few cutties, I believe you can keep 2 as long as they're under 15'' does that sound correct? Or is keeping them at all frowned upon down there? I'm so excited to be traveling to new fisheries with a tow friendlier new boat. I saw you at the ramp at Buckboard about three weeks ago I hollered a "hello Duck!" your way but you didn't hear me over the wind. Good to see you out, and thanks for the report.
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!