Thread: strawberry ice off trip 5/2

Default strawberry ice off trip 5/2

i was able to take my granddaughter with me to strawberry for ice off fishing , weather was cold and wet with water temp right at 40 deg. f. , we fished for the first 3 hrs in on soldier creek side fished 5 to 25 feet fro the most part and picked up several small cutts, no kokes . changed locations and started marking fish at 40 to 50 feet ,i figured they were more cutts but it was so slow we put a rod down a 45 feet with green koke gear and immediately got a nice 19 koke , adjusted the other rods to 40 to 45 ' and it was game on till we left at 3pm best combo was a pink RMT plankton . behind a bahama mama dodger . we ended the day with only for kokes in the cooler but lost at least 6 more at the net . perseverance saved the day .sorry no pictures this time .

Atta boy. nice report. im headed over there hopefully next week.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    Atta boy. nice report. im headed over there hopefully next week.
    Nice going mntcat1, unfortunately the water temp still has a chill but glad the day wasn't a bust for you.

I'm probably somewhere behind you next week Mark, not sure which day. There is a weather system moving in about Wednesday with possible beginning of the week packed with winds so keep your eyes to the sky.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF