Thread: Turn & Burn

Default Turn & Burn

The day started out leaving at 4am. Passed up another boater with his fellow fisher guys not to far out of Ogden and met up with them at port of entry in Evanston. I usually don't see anyone manning the AIS station this early after 5am but G&F was there doing inspection. As I'm getting inspection done my partner is gathering Intel from other boater. We launched from Lucerne about 8am and headed north. We fished mostly north of the pipe in the Anvil Draw area with some limited scouting elsewhere. This was a very nice day to be on the water with little to no wind, a slight breeze supported a small ripple effect. We came out with 5 kokes with orange or pink as the key. Kokes were 14-16" class nothing too large this early.
    Last edited by Bduck; 04-23-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

thanks for the report

Sounds like a good day Roger.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks Rodger sounds like it is time to go!!!

Sounds like a fun day. Did you see many boats out with it being a Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    Sounds like a fun day. Did you see many boats out with it being a Tuesday?
    Boat traffic was low but there was a few. Everyone was spread out but did see an occasional 3-4 working an area, some trolling and others jigging. Water temp still too cool in the 40's.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I should be up there next week I just bought another transducer for my Garmin it has a 40 deg. cone and can be changed to 20 and it will show fish deeper. be here Tue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

the livescope transducer I have is the last one they came out with. it has a 20 deg cone but will not show fish to good down deep I can run them on split screen and get the best of two worlds, they are not cheap.

Nice report. Good to see early action on the forum. Hope this forum gets active like it was a few years ago. I plan to give reports every trip this year.