Thread: April 18th

Cool April 18th

Came up to the lake on Friday and spent the day working on the house, woke up this morning and thought I deserved a morning on the lake.

I launched out of Anvil after my mussel inspection and started looking for lake trout. I kept looking and fishing here and there but didn't get a bite. Switched to kokes at 10:30 and was done by 11:00.

Same gear as the week before.

Lots of people out today, I didn't see much catching. The docks in Anvil are still not in.

May try to sneak out and try for lakers in the morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200418_103755.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	9939

I'll be there Wednesday to sooth the Koke addiction
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

That should be a good time, with some good weather.

I did get out for a few hours this morning and finally got a mac, nothing giant but it sure felt good.

Launched out of Lucerne, after my mussel inspection. The cleaning station is still wrapped in plastic.

Weather is looking good but trip got moved up to Tuesday. Wednesday was looking a bit on the windy side.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Good luck - looking forward to your report.

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    Came up to the lake on Friday and spent the day working on the house, woke up this morning and thought I deserved a morning on the lake.

I launched out of Anvil after my mussel inspection and started looking for lake trout. I kept looking and fishing here and there but didn't get a bite. Switched to kokes at 10:30 and was done by 11:00.

Same gear as the week before.

Lots of people out today, I didn't see much catching. The docks in Anvil are still not in.

May try to sneak out and try for lakers in the morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200418_103755.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	9939
    What is your tactics on Lake Trout this early in the season. I fish mostly for kokes but want to heip thin out some of the lakers. Never fished this eary for Lakers. Thanks.

I mostly jig for them. But if you are trying for the pups I would try smaller cranks or spoons in blue or green. You don't need to run them very deep this time of year.