Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Best Tackle Box

  1. #1

    Default The Best Tackle Box

    What's your favourite tackle box.

    I bought a Plano tray system box and I love it. Here's my review and why I love it so much.

    https://youtu.be/C3IokmbNNvg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Since “tackle box” is kind of an outdated term, I use a tackle bag. My tackle storage is varied for what best suits the lures/tackle being stored. The Plano style boxes have their place and I use them for some things but what seems to work best for me are these food/snack boxes. I can store lures by type or color in much larger quantities than the small sections of a Plano box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28B74CD4-291D-4995-BB96-64F0159BB0D8.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	9933  
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Since “tackle box” is kind of an outdated term, I use a tackle bag. My tackle storage is varied for what best suits the lures/tackle being stored. The Plano style boxes have their place and I use them for some things but what seems to work best for me are these food/snack boxes. I can store lures by type or color in much larger quantities than the small sections of a Plano box.
    That's an interesting way to store your stuff. I have a 14ft Lund and storage space is limited. I would agree that a tackle "bag" is becoming more readily used and is definitely more functional.

    Where did you get your beads? I really like those colour.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Like most fisherman space is really important in your boat, fishing bags are the only way to go I think, I go a little over board with tackle, I have over 50 rods and reels. I have 3 large G -Lomis (fear no fish) bags they have 9 trays plus numerous carpartments. 2 Cabales med bags (Green)I separate each bag for each type of fish. One for walleye,one for Salmon, one for fresh water, one for ocean bottom fish,one for Kokanee, one for Strippers,etc I also carry numerous special G-Lomis carrying bags to hold my wobblers/etc. Keep my sled neat. Then your buddy's come along with there gear. Great choice can't go wrong with Plano product there top shelve.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Fougere View Post
    T
    Where did you get your beads? I really like those colour.
    Ben, some are Radical Glow beads, some from Michael's and some from eBay.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Like most fisherman space is really important in your boat, fishing bags are the only way to go I think, I go a little over board with tackle, I have over 50 rods and reels. I have 3 large G -Lomis (fear no fish) bags they have 9 trays plus numerous carpartments. 2 Cabales med bags (Green)I separate each bag for each type of fish. One for walleye,one for Salmon, one for fresh water, one for ocean bottom fish,one for Kokanee, one for Strippers,etc I also carry numerous special G-Lomis carrying bags to hold my wobblers/etc. Keep my sled neat. Then your buddy's come along with there gear. Great choice can't go wrong with Plano product there top shelve.
    I agree. I now have a few lake trout, pike and walleye trays that I can interchange when I want to target other species.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I mostly do fly fishing. I have to agree, in my case, I have to keep my flies organized. I always keep them inside a waterproof fly box. It makes fishing a lot easier that way. If anyone is looking to buy a fly box, you should click this site.
    Last edited by cgreene; 08-19-2020 at 12:09 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Ben, some are Radical Glow beads, some from Michael's and some from eBay.
    Thank you. I'll check out those radical glow beads for next year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •