Thread: Flaming Gorge Recreational Area Update

Default Flaming Gorge Recreational Area Update

This update was released April 8 going into effect April 9

https://www.sweetwaternow.com/ashley...for-two-weeks/
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Looks like they are trying to keep everyone safe by keeping them apart.

My interpretation is just those areas are closed but I'm sensing more primitive areas will be open such as launch ramps like Anvil Draw. I have read that most services such as restrooms-flushing & vaulted will be locked, no trash bins/cans available. If anyone is going up it is best to make sure to call ahead that there are no barricades closing off any of the availability of launch ramps.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Yes they have not opened up any new restrooms or camping facility's , as of last week they still had the trash cans at the top of the ramps.

I saw quite a few people camping around the lake in self cantained outfits.

I hope to have more info next week.

Arron are the cleaning stations open?

No the cleaning stations at the top of Lucerne boat ramp is still wrapped in plastic. I can't say what the one up at Buckboard is like.
    Last edited by nofish; 04-14-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Default From a Wyoming source

I found out from a source in Wyoming who got a call thru to Game and Fish, right now they are planning on having the boat ramps open and keeping them that way, further my source said you can get on line and also check with the US Forest Service before you travel to the lake and make sure nothing has changed.

This is good news and now I'm planning an isolation 1day trip if this weather will cooperate some.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Other sources that has been recently to Lucerne say the launch ramp is still open. No other changes YET!!!
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel