Thread: Spit balling ideas for the future

Default Spit balling ideas for the future

Shortly before our world was turned upside down, I attended a sports show that had a booth for a fish farm that supplied fish of a number of different species for ponds and lakes. This lockdown that prevents us from fishing got me to thinking. Maybe I should tear out my entire backyard and make my own private lake.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

SuperD

I think this is a great idea, both for recreation and perhaps also commercially. I think there would be lots of questions about depth, water temps, etc to work out. For me, kokanee are the best eating fish going and I would happily pay top dollar for kokes in the winter. It is good thing anytime we can social distance with fish. kokanee64

Hey SuperD,

Your idea of a personal kokanee fishery is so cool I can't believe no else has anything to say about it. Every time I look at who is on the forum I see 2 - 4 members and dozens of non-members. Is the problem that people don't want to pay the cost to become a member or is it that they don't want to join and be able to post because they are worried they might not have perfect spelling and grammar? Who cares if someone with interesting ideas can spell well or write like a poet. Regardless of who we pick this fall, we are going to pick a president who sometimes has trouble with these same things.

Let's get over it. Join the forum. Contribute to the community. If everyone reading contributed to the forums they would be a lot more entertaining and enlightening. Stop beating yourself up and worrying about your pride. Jump in.

Just sayin. Kokanee64

Default I like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Shortly before our world was turned upside down, I attended a sports show that had a booth for a fish farm that supplied fish of a number of different species for ponds and lakes. This lockdown that prevents us from fishing got me to thinking. Maybe I should tear out my entire backyard and make my own private lake.
    Now you have me thinking. Would you have enough room for a small boat? Or do we need to design a trolley that runs the length of the pond so you can troll for the fish?

Default trolling on small pond

How about using one of the radio controlled boats? I saw one that was advertised as a fishing boat with 4 pound line. It might also work on the still water below the spillway at CJ.