Thread: Hope every one is safe.

Default Hope every one is safe.

Hey
    I hope you are all healthy, and safe. My wife and I are healthy, and we live in a rural area of South East Colorado. We have self isolated ourselves out here on our land. We have plenty of food and toilet paper, LOL.
    No really this is a scary time in our country. We are America strong, and we will over come this. Not sure what this do to fishing this spring but we are hopping it won’t ruin this season for every body.
    Take care and be safe, all. We are planning our first trip to Blue Mesa in June. Over the week of 6/23. I hope this virus thing calms down soon, and we get back to some normalcy. We are praying for every one, and America in general.
    God bless us all.
    CH
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

Trying to ride this out is all one can do. We live in Gilbert, AZ. and are also healthy, well stocked, and all locked down. We have plans for Flaming Gorge middle of this coming June, wondering if the boat ramps and CG's will even be open then. Wait and see. RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

All good here also in my home in north Ogden. Had to make a couple of combat shopping trips in the beginning when TP was being hoarded. Appears some things are starting to settle back on the store shelves. Our supplies are in great shape too. Sure glad I have a stock of shoe peg corn. BE SAFE, BE WELL
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Mary and I are well and trying to keep our lives as normal as we can. We have been isolated at home for three weeks, after the virus hit the Gunnison Valley hard. Our community asks that seniors and high risk people shop the grocery store MWF from 7 - 8 am and the local WalMart wants us to come in 6 - 7 am on Tuesday. Mary shops for groceries once per week and when she gets home I wipe down all packaging and the truck interior with disinfectant. All the people we talk to are in good spirits but my mom, who lives in Montrose in assisted living, tells me that many of her people are very scared -- she thinks it is a combination of diminished mental acuity and awareness of what happened in a Washington care facility (I know that sounds inconsistent but perhaps that's just a sign of the times).

Just read an article reporting that the four highest rate counties in the nation are Summit in Utah (244 cases per 100,000 pop), Blaine in Idaho, Eagle in Colorado (267) and my county, Gunnison in Colorado (460). All are ski resort communities and the virus hit all of us early and hard, forcing skiers to flee in jets and the locals to hunker down in grim determination. We are supposed to be a fishing mecca, not a virus incubator. If you make it to Blue Mesa this summer CH, we'll do what we can to put you on fish and wave from boat to boat.

We are heading to Lake Powell next week if we can. The ramp and corner store are open but campgrounds, toilets, and admin buildings are closed. I think we can make the 350 mile trip touching nothing but diesel and gas pump nozzles with gloves. Once there, we'll camp on the boat for a week or 10 days. It is too early for good fishing or warm nights but some times we just need to get out and let the stink get blown off.

I hope everyone can keep safe and not go crazy in confinement. Confinement will be hard on some relationships and it will be easy to get in silly squabbles with the ones we love. Mary and I are committed to avoiding that road and doing all we can to support and help each other -- we are both recovering from surgeries, which oddly seems to make it easier to do. We found it helpful to talk about the road we wanted to take early on -- and continuing. Thank you God, I sure do love that woman.

Good Luck. Stay safe. Chin up. Shoulders back. Smile and laugh (at yourself if nothing else seems silly enough).

Roger

Hey thank Roger.
    We have camp spot at the KOA where we stayed last fall. I sure hope President Trump is right about the recovery by then.We sure got hit hard here in El Paso county & Colorado Springs. This Morning I herd on the news that we have 10 fatalities and the largest number of new cases in Colorado. We have a very large military presents and 93k retired vets. Polisass blamed Colorado Springs for not obaying his mandates that we lock every body in, (as rub the side of my nose, with a middle finger salute) what a Moron. Any way we still have the reservations for June 21-27. The boat is ready and so is Mary and I.
    God bless you all, and good luck.
    CH
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

Hey CH,

I was stunned to hear you have had 10 deaths. We have a high infection rate but your community has a BIG population so even a lower rate results in too many tragedies. Let's all hope BM is a good place this summer. We just took the winter cover off the boat and are going through the lists and packing for 10 days, plus a second 10 if we decide to stay isolated at powell and reprovision in Hanksville. Hope the state and county LEOs will let us make the highway trip unmolested. Live long and prosper. Roger