Thread: 2020 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2020 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hoping to make it to this great fishery some time this summer. Best of luck to all that make the trip.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2020 Dworshak

Fished canyon creek and elk creek today got 25 but they were pretty small probably average 8 inches

Thanks for the report! Just moved up to north ID from south ID. Hoping to tackle some kokes this spring! I've never caught or fished for them. In research mode now....

Best of luck in your research and welcome to the forum Scooter429.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Don’t overthink it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter429 View Post
    Thanks for the report! Just moved up to north ID from south ID. Hoping to tackle some kokes this spring! I've never caught or fished for them. In research mode now....
    Fish shallow, for some reason dworshak fish are way shallower than almost places I’ve caught them. I’ll usually start with a downrigger at 10’ and one at 15’ or maybe 20’. I also fish two long lines with ford fender and 1/2 or 1 oz drop weights on sliders.

Oder of importance on my boat is: depth, speed, color, bait.

Last year pink was hands down better than any other color but orange and green had their moments. I generally use shrimp or krill flavored corn. Anywhere from .8 to 2 mph works for me but I usually stay in the 1-1.5 range.

Just learning to fish for kokanee. Been to Dworshak twice in the last week and havent had much luck. Talked to a few people who said they were catching fish. Looking for any pointers we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sands View Post
    Just learning to fish for kokanee. Been to Dworshak twice in the last week and havent had much luck. Talked to a few people who said they were catching fish. Looking for any pointers we can get.
    Tell us what gear you’re using and how you’re fishing your gear. We can probably help you adjust your technique to be successful.