Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2020 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Quote Originally Posted by THouse View Post
    My buddy and I went out Saturday. Launched at Freeman and fished near and in Canyon Creek . Started about 7:15am, two limits by 1:00pm. Slowed down the last hour and a half or so. Fish not real big, averaged about 9" with some 10" and a couple 11". Great day on the water.

Travis
    That's hopeful for a good season. Being upstream of Dent Bridge is too early for that to be the majority of the fish.Correct me if I'm wrong, as the reservoir fills between now and July fourth when the target is full pool. the fish should be 'grazing' on plankton build up in the deep richer end of lake, especially as the surface tempts start going up blooming the food source. They shouldn't be heading up lake until later in their cycle. ACoE last month dumping a lot of water messed that all up.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Default Elk Creek

Quote Originally Posted by THouse View Post
    My buddy and I went out Saturday. Launched at Freeman and fished near and in Canyon Creek . Started about 7:15am, two limits by 1:00pm. Slowed down the last hour and a half or so. Fish not real big, averaged about 9" with some 10" and a couple 11". Great day on the water.

Travis
    We fished last Friday; motored up to Elk Creek from Big Eddy; two of us got our limit Friday afternoon in approx. 4/41/2 hrs. all the fish were approx. 8 inches with a few approx 10 inches.
    not marking any schools?

Default Reply

Ricks: I believe you are right. I expect to find them fairly well scattered out from here on out, but from my experience I don't expect them to fully commit to pushing up reservoir for spawning until late July or so. We were marking many large schools down in the Canyon Creek area, mostly in 90 to 150 feet of water, most fish were in the 13 to 25 feet depth range. But we were also picking up fish where we weren't marking any schools. Going to try to get back out on the water this coming weekend.

Travis

Fishing was pretty good Saturday below Canyon Creek, with 2 limits. No special spots, fish were fairly scattered. Almost didn't seem worth it to circle back after we would hook up. Standard pop gear with rings and maggots.

I fished on Sunday at Indian/Canyon creek and it was good fishing there until 1230 then the bite went off; two of us ended up with 37. like you say they were scattered but not bad fishing.

Default Memorial Weekend

We fished Sunday around Cranberry Creek and did good fishing 15 to 20 feet deep. Ended up with all dodgers and either micro-hoochies or kokanuts. Monday didn't do nearly as well, cloudy and unsettled weather. On our way back to Freeman Creek Monday afternoon did well in the rain on gold dodger with pink micro-hoochie from Dicks Creek to Freeman. Most fish for the weekend were 8-9" with a handful 11-12".

Travis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234