Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

By the looks of that truck sitting there with a empty boat trailer someone launched their boat

Default Curlew open

Fished Friday from 1030-6. Caught 4, lost one and had three takedowns that didn't stick. Fished Saturday from 8-330. Only caught two kokes and one 16" chinook. Smallest koke was 17"and largest 18.5" and fat!! Fish were extremely hard to find. However the ones I did mark seemed willing to play. I'm pleased to report the upper end is completely ice free now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200321_133043.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	9899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200320_143639.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	9898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200320_115502.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	9900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200320_190425.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	9901  

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLucas View Post
    Fished Friday from 1030-6. Caught 4, lost one and had three takedowns that didn't stick. Fished Saturday from 8-330. Only caught two kokes and one 16" chinook. Smallest koke was 17"and largest 18.5" and fat!! Fish were extremely hard to find. However the ones I did mark seemed willing to play. I'm pleased to report the upper end is completely ice free now.
    Thanks for the report UncleLucas. The wife and I will head over Monday. Looks like a fairly decent day to fish for you.

Pauli

Finally got the new to me boat out today. Spent way too long in spots I thought would have fish. Then we found them. Brought home 3 nice size Kokanee and 2 decent black mouths. I’m loving the Terrova linked to my Helix. Makes fishing a lot more enjoyable than fighting to keep the kicker straight. We were running 30 and 40’ down on the balls. Green and white seemed to be the most productive with pink getting a little action.

Default Fishing shut down?

Does anyone know if the idaho lockdown means no fishing on the reservoirs? I know idaho power closed off there parks and Washington closed fishing..

I call ISP about that. They told me that if a patrol officer catches you on the highway pulling a boat expect to get pulled over and "splain your emergency to them" Breaking the the Ada county (Boise) curfew is a whole other matter altogether. Pack a lunch.....you may need it.

Pauli

Default Lockdown

Well that sucks,,, I called Elmore county fish and game and they said all fishing is open but boat launches owned by idaho power will be closed. From what I can find so far, all of anderson is forest service but if we cant get there then all that's for nothing... It is an emergency... THERES KOKES TO CATCH DAMMIT.. thanks for looking into that..

Default Fishing

Are we still able to go fishing? We are able to go for walks or bike rides and fishing would be the same as doing both of those, mabey even safer.

There was a boat pulling out when we got to the ramp yesterday. He said an Elmore County deputy had stopped by when they were launching. Told them he could write them tickets for being out.

I have my own thoughts and opinions. But this is a “family friendly” forum. Just passing on what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgerHardgrove View Post
    Are we still able to go fishing? We are able to go for walks or bike rides and fishing would be the same as doing both of those, mabey even safer.
    It’s not the same because we have to travel from home. Is how it was explained to me.

Well since this is uncharted waters for all of us, I guess there just trying to keep us safe the only way they know how. It is what it is I guess... see ya all on the waters whenever this lifts...

Default Here's the official order that limits our activities - it's a sad read for fishermen:

https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-con...der_032520.pdf

Thus, activities are restricted (i.e. nothing that is not explained as essential by the order). And travel is restricted. You might be able to get away with fishing close home; but you can't travel to do your fishing. So for now, the guys in Pine may be able to go after those Kokes, but the rest of us can seek psychological counseling I guess.
    Last edited by pollackoke; 03-28-2020 at 12:20 AM.

I was driving from SE Idaho back to Boise yesterday so I took a detour by Anderson. 8 boats on the water and it looked like most of them launched out of Curlew. Ramp wasn't blocked and no signs were posted that I could see. Few camps set-up on the shore north of Curlew, but overall looked like most people are staying home for now. I'm going to wait this crap out and hit it hard when and if this passes. Everyone take care.

Default Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by pollackoke View Post
    https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-con...der_032520.pdf

Thus, activities are restricted (i.e. nothing that is not explained as essential by the order). And travel is restricted. You might be able to get away with fishing close home; but you can't travel to do your fishing. So for now, the guys in Pine may be able to go after those Kokes, but the rest of us can seek psychological counseling I guess.
    Do you think we could get away with saying that fishing is essential to feed are family’s?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by BridgerHardgrove View Post
    Do you think we could get away with saying that fishing is essential to feed are family’s?
    if ya get stopped tell them its a emergency If ya dont get out of the house there will be domestic violence

Default I read the complete Idaho "Order to self-isolate"

I printed the following snippets to keep with me when I go to my lake, 10 miles away. If I get stopped, it may help at the point of contact but will surely help in court:

March 25, 2020
    From Dave Jeppsen, Director, Idaho Department of Health & Welfare
    RE: Order to self-isolate

Section 7…Travel prohibited except for performing essential activities

Section 8, exemptions, paragraph A…individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following “Essential Activities” …

Section 8, exemptions, paragraph iii… To engage in outdoor activity…by way of example and "without limitation", walking, hiking, bicycling, or running.

Default Stay at home order

Just for every ones information
    I noticed the gulf coarse in mtn home isn't closed and the club house is open--people in golf carts 2 ft apart--
    several cars from other areas other than mtn home

Well I plan to take my boat fishing as long as the golf coarse is open

We got a late start and don’t hit the water till 5 this evening. Still managed to pick up a ginormous Squaw, a rainbow, a Kokanee, and 2 black mouths. Was running pretty shallow (14-19’) and fast (1.6-1.9). I was marking tons of fish at 60-80’. Ran a ball down deep and nothing would hit it. It is possible they weren’t really fish. I’m still learning and adjusting my new sonar.

Which ramps are available for boat launch at Anderson right now.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    Which ramps are available for boat launch at Anderson right now.
    https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram.../anderson.html

Default Access

Guess I want clear earlier. I had heard that some of the ramps were closed. Is that not the case. Can I launch at curlew or is it closed. That is the ramp info I need.

As of Saturday night we were able to launch and recover from Curlew. I probably won’t get back up till tomorrow or Friday and can let you know if it’s still open. From what I’ve read on here and heard, Idaho Power and Army Corps of Engineers have closed their ramps. Curlew is a USFS maintained ramp as far as I know.

Caught 3 and a Chinook today. Lots more boats on the water than there has been. All 4 were caught on the ball at 21’ with a green and white Mag dodger pulling a Green Rocky Mtn hoochie. Was super slow but still a great day on the water.

Default Due Diligence

If you read something on this forum that doesn't sound right, please check on it yourself. Based on what I read here last week I called the state police and the Boise National Forest and learned that what I read here was silly nonsense.

Care to elaborate on what the “silly nonsense” was?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast