Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2020 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

The 150,000+ that were stocked last month, actualy in June not July,were less than six inches long meaning the were probably 2-4 inches. Some have probably been eaten by predatory fish but most are still in the lake. The earliest you could expect to catch them is 2021 and they would still be small then. There was no stocking of kokanee in 2019 recorded on the fish and game web site. There was 173,000 in 2018. These would and should be the ones to be caught this year. The question should be: where are they?

Three or four years ago I finial boated the rare chinook in Anderson. I was convinced before I caught that fish that they didn't exist or there was just a super low number. Now it seems like I catch a minimum of three or four every outing. But not only chinook are grabbing my line while trolling for kokes, monster squawfish seem to have a healthy population by the catch rate. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking the kokanee are taking a major hit by predator's.

Quote Originally Posted by JagerR View Post
    Three or four years ago I finial boated the rare chinook in Anderson. I was convinced before I caught that fish that they didn't exist or there was just a super low number. Now it seems like I catch a minimum of three or four every outing. But not only chinook are grabbing my line while trolling for kokes, monster squawfish seem to have a healthy population by the catch rate. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking the kokanee are taking a major hit by predator's.

fished LP wed. one hit poor Any body fish Anderson in last week or so? I caught as many koks for whole summer as i used to get in one day at Anderson. To early to get ready for steelhead

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456