Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default Saturday

Picked up a little Saturday afternoon. Caught 2 lost 5. All fish hooked were around 15 ft.

Default 05/26/2020

I wish more people would report their fishing success etc , we are all into this together. Three day weekend and hardly a report from Anderson and you know there was good number of fisherman giving it a go who are probably on this forum. Just my thoughts, good luck all. Going to Arrowrock tomorrow morn to try my luck.

Default Memorial weekend at Anderson

I fished Friday through Monday. Over 3 days caught 4 kokes. Monday I hit the water at 6am and caught 4 pretty quickly, but by 9am it quickly died off. All the kokes were 16inches or more.i lost one right at the boat that might have gone 21 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    any thing happening at Anderson this weekend ? last time i went it was a bust Sounds like LP might be picking up a little
    Fishing is still slow

Thanks for the reports. Is the shore packed with campers this week ? Wake makers / water skiers running around ?

Thanks for the report Crappieslayer! Wish it was picking up a bit faster.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Anderson Ranch trip

Hi,

I am heading to Anderson ranch for a few days next week. I have to camp near Curlew do to the size of my 5th wheel/boat triple set up. Is the dam area a better place to fish than near Curlew?

When I fished Saturday it didn’t make a difference Dam end or Curlew since we caught one on each end. But overall most action was on the curlew end.

Default Fishing is still slow.

Today is our first fishing trip of this year. We're starting from 8:30Am and quit at ~5:00PM. That's a beautiful day on the lake and there were many fishing boats around Lime Creek early in the morning. We troll from Curlew toward the Power lines. We boated 5 Kokanee and lost other 3. They're very good size from 14" up to 20.1/2". depth was vary from 5' to 20'. long line pole 5/8 oz sinker 100' line out. The water level is still low.

Last edited by fish4kok; 05-29-2020 at 01:28 AM. Reason: add photo
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default "Still Slow...."

I see a lot of "it's still slow." It's the end of May. I see some quality fish being caught, but not quantity. If it was going to pick up I think it would have done so by now. I think this is just going to be a slow year with a few nice fish at this point. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I've seen this kind of trend before.....

Quote Originally Posted by wigeonpete View Post
    I see a lot of "it's still slow." It's the end of May. I see some quality fish being caught, but not quantity. If it was going to pick up I think it would have done so by now. I think this is just going to be a slow year with a few nice fish at this point. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I've seen this kind of trend before.....
    I think your right about being slow this year unfortunately. Was there yesterday and got our ars handed to us. Tried from top too bottom. No nooks no trout no squaws. To say the least very disappointing. Next time🤞

I've noticed that at my own lake this year if you wave a net it brings 10+ boats with it. When a lake is fishing well, it might bring in a couple.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    I've noticed that at my own lake this year if you wave a net it brings 10+ boats with it. When a lake is fishing well, it might bring in a couple.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Anderson Ranch still slow

Ran 2 poles on Thursday and caught 1 Chinook and 1 Koke. Ran 4 poles on Friday and caught 2 nice Koke's and 1 trout. Lake was dead calm all day Friday.

So I saw a pic on Facebook today that showed someone getting a 4 man limit today. Any truth to it? Most the fish looked like they were starting to turn, like its a poc from last year.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Did they show the gill net they used.
    17' Invader White center console (Boston Whaler clone) with 90 hp Mercury and Merc kicker.

Default Dead Slow

Launched curlew on 6/12 @ 5:30 am, hooked up by 5:45 and boated an 18", hooked up again before 6:00 am and lost it halfway to the boat, trolled another 12 plus hours with no hits, tried about everything that has worked for years, nothing worked, did not see any schools, found very few fish on the finder, fished everywhere I usually pick up fish, did not see the net come out on anybody's boat, worst mid June fishing I have ever seen on the lake.

Went yesterday 18th fished from 7am-1pm never got a hit. We tried every thing I could think of, no luck.
    Some other guys had the same luck-0-.
    Gene

Southwest Idaho Kokanee fishing is in crisis. What the heck is going on Idaho Fish and Game???? You've been FAR too silent for FAR too long!!! Time to spill your guts...... but this time, make it the truth...the whole truth....and nothing but the truth.

Pauli
    Last edited by Pauli; 06-19-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Southwest Idaho Kokanee fishing is in crisis. What the heck is going on Idaho Fish and Game???? You've been FAR too silent for FAR too long!!! Time to spill your guts...... but this time, make it the truth...the whole truth....and nothing but the truth.

Pauli
    I fished Arrowrock twice early spring. When I was loading the boat one of the times I saw a very large number of dead fish. They had been dead for some time, could not identify them. Now I wonder if they have a large kill. Did it go through all three reservoirs. Did anyone see the dead fish.
    17' Invader White center console (Boston Whaler clone) with 90 hp Mercury and Merc kicker.

Default Not only CJ wasted Koks also Blackfoot got 300,000

I think Blackfoot is more likely to have some koks survive, but a lot of big rainbow will still have a feast on the small koks.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/blog/2020/06/...WNuMZn4WYtbHck

Default Anderson 6-20-20

We fished this morning around fall creek. Hooked up 7 times landed 5 from 8am-noon. Still very slow in my opinion, but it was the most productive day I’ve had so far this summer. Everything was at 25ft, pink and orange, 1.3mph. Hope this helps someone do better than I have been doing. Good luck

Default Beyond Dead Slow

I started fishing in the Curlew area on 6-17 20, trolled 14 hours and not a hit, tried everything in my box with every possible leader length, boat speed, scent, you name it and the results were no hits, also no fish on the finder and I mean none, fished again on 6-18-20 in the lime creek area for the entire day and same as the day before, saw a few on the finder, fished again for another 14 hours of trolling on the 19th around the dam area and the same results, no hits, none seen, seen no one pull out a net, fished one more day on the 20th in the Fall creek area for about 10 hours and I had enough, again no fish on the finder, seen none netted, talked to other boats and their comments were all the same, none seen caught, none caught, no bites, nothing, just like they are none in the lake, what in the He-- is going on, I think the Fish and Game owe us some explanations but I will not hold my breath waiting for them to tell us lies, very sad indeed, I have fished this lake for over two decades and I have never seen anything like this, also no Chinooks, no squaws and no bows, am going to Arrowrock Monday but have heard it as well as LP are all the same, no fish, good luck to all of you Kok hunters, your going to need it, maybe have a priest bless your gear or something.

Thanks for the report, I've fished Anderson ranch seance 1974 and it's got me stumped.
    Gene

Anderson Ranch has really run off the rails. Ririe hasn't been any better.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast