Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2020 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

The season will be here before we know it. Best of luck to you all.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Trolling on 2/15/20.

Did not find any Kokanee but did catch 4 decent rainbows and a 12" chinook. Right on the surface with Kokabow Dodgers and purple/pink squids. Did not mark any good schools, so they may be a ways off. The ramp at Turners Gulch has the dock in the water, so launch was easy. 21' White Duckworth, hardtop.

Thanks for the report. I fished one day last week with the same results. The water temp was 37 degrees , so needless to say, It is probably still to early! With the low night time temperatures there might be a little ice to deal with this week. Good luck to all!

Default Saturday 2-22-2020

Fished from 1030-4 mostly around gooseneck bay. Downright pleasant day after the thermal winds quit blowing. I caught 1 nice chinook 19 inches, 1 nice rainbow and 1 dink koke. Released all three. 40 ft with pink and green. All three hit when boat was barely moving. 1mph or less.

Default What docks are in the water at LP

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLucas View Post
    Fished from 1030-4 mostly around gooseneck bay. Downright pleasant day after the thermal winds quit blowing. I caught 1 nice chinook 19 inches, 1 nice rainbow and 1 dink koke. Released all three. 40 ft with pink and green. All three hit when boat was barely moving. 1mph or less.
    Docks at the marina?

Default Marina

Are their docks in the water yet as of 3/1?

The portable dock is in

Saw plenty of boats out there on Saturday...no reports?

Default 3-20-2020

Quote Originally Posted by formulaben View Post
    Saw plenty of boats out there on Saturday...no reports?
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing! That is why I was checking. I fished across from spring shores at the point for a few hours on Friday. I was marking fish from 15'-45' and also seeing fish surface.
    I did not catch anything. My trolling motor remote ran out of battery life and the charging cord would not charge. I don't think I was fishing effectively as I was in and out of gear trying to stay in the 1-1.5mph range while switching gear and making changes. Man I like having the remote electric trolling motor! I fished on the top 5' as well as down to 50' with long lining with weight. I had one fish on for about 5 seconds when I grabbed the rod, nothing there. I did see a remarkable fish that a gentleman on the bank caught. It appeared to be 24" trout and approx. 5lbs! He was sure happy! I tried pink, orange, green, hootchies and wedding rings with brad's dodgers, kokabow dodgers, crystal basin dodgers, and some christianson dodgers without success. I did not see anyone else catch anything. Beautiful day on the lake. Anyone else have it figured out? Hopefully April-May will bring some more fish.
    Last edited by Idahosmitty; 03-23-2020 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks, Smitt. FWIW, I was just a spectator but saw a lot of fishing, both in boat and from the shore and insanely enough saw a few wakeboats with folks brave enough to get into the water. No thanks...anyway, I too hope April and May bring more fish, as I really hope to get out there and drop some lines. Good luck to everyone!

Default what docks are open

I drove up there yesterday and they had everything on the south side barricaded.

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    I drove up there yesterday and they had everything on the south side barricaded.
    WHAT???..... Is the Turner Gulch Launch closed???

Pauli

I was told that too from some folks at Spring Shores on Saturday...probably explains why it was so busy there. Not sure why it's closed.

I see on the Amy Corps of Engineers website that they have shut down all "intensively used" facilities. Lucky Peak Rec area and the boat launch fall into this category. Lucky Peak actually falls under the Walla Walla district. No news when the ramp will be open again.

Pauli

Default 3/22/2020 Fishing Report

Just found this forum, this is my first post.

Yesterday was a really nice day to be on the water fishing with the kiddos. The ramp at Springs Shores was in good shape with usable dock. Fished for 3 hours - caught one small King and one decent Rainbow. It was a great day to be out and quarantined on a boat with the family. Water was 43 degrees. We caught the fish between 20 and 40 feet at 1.5 mph. The trout was caught on a diver/flasher/pink cyclone spinner combo and the King was caught on a Steelhead plug.

I'm in the Honda powered blue Jetcraft/Kingfisher. Flag me down and say hello.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ethan with fish.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	9903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	9904  
    Last edited by 208Angler; 03-23-2020 at 11:15 PM. Reason: uploaded photos

. Or pull up close and cough on me 🤢

Default Fishing And Robie Creek Info Please.

Quote Originally Posted by 208Angler View Post
    Just found this forum, this is my first post.

Yesterday was a really nice day to be on the water fishing with the kiddos. The ramp at Springs Shores was in good shape with usable dock. Fished for 3 hours - caught one small King and one decent Rainbow. It was a great day to be out and quarantined on a boat with the family. Water was 43 degrees. We caught the fish between 20 and 40 feet at 1.5 mph. The trout was caught on a diver/flasher/pink cyclone spinner combo and the King was caught on a Steelhead plug.

I'm in the Honda powered blue Jetcraft/Kingfisher. Flag me down and say hello.
    Can you use the pic nic tables and make a fire at
    Robie Creek?

2ND I caught a nice Chinook 3.5 lbs a while back when we hit 70. I will be going out soon. Major Cabin Fever!!!

FYI:

OPERATIONS UPDATE:
    Spring Shores Marina will have new park hours. We will be open from 7am until 7pm, 7 days a week.

The east lot will be closed off to all vehicle traffic. Non motorized use is still available.

All people, vehicles, boats and equipment must be off the premises by 7pm.
    Violators are subject to fines and trespassing charges.

Sandy Point and Discovery Park hours remain the same at this time.

These changes are made to eliminate over night stays and limit gathering areas due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We miss you all and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

https://www.facebook.com/LuckyPeakSt...3065&padding=0

Default Actually, our activities are much more restricted - check this out:

Default Update

Yesterday 04-07-20, fished from spring shores from 12-4. Caught 1 koke, 1 chinook, and 2 trout. Anywhere from 20-30ft trolling. Lots of boats were out.

Default Short but successful morning....

Hey all!
    Been watching the forums for a couple years, but spine issues kept me from using my new boat. Finally made it out to LP yesterday morning with my stepson. Man, it was blowing and pouring when I left at 6am, then up at Spring Shores it turned to snow (Hills got really white), then hail, then more rain.
    Had two different color/flasher combo's, ultralight rods and no weight (the only way I've ever fished for Kokes). My stepson caught 2 nice rainbows on chartreuse, I caught 3 fatties on hot pink and mini-shrimp. I put gulp maggots on his and I used Procure shoepeg corn on mine. Seems that was what the Kokes wanted. We were the only boat there, but by the time we left at 9:30, there were 4 other boats fishing and one launching.... AND THE SUN WAS OUT!!!!
    But for a quick trip, I can't complain and I finally got my boat fishing!
    Was great to get out, if you see me up there say "Hello".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200416_115206.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	9934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200416_124432.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	9935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200416_115242.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	9936  

Forgot to add, we fished the north side of the Dam area at 1.4-1.6 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCaster View Post
    Hey all!
    Been watching the forums for a couple years, but spine issues kept me from using my new boat. Finally made it out to LP yesterday morning with my stepson. Man, it was blowing and pouring when I left at 6am, then up at Spring Shores it turned to snow (Hills got really white), then hail, then more rain.
    Had two different color/flasher combo's, ultralight rods and no weight (the only way I've ever fished for Kokes). My stepson caught 2 nice rainbows on chartreuse, I caught 3 fatties on hot pink and mini-shrimp. I put gulp maggots on his and I used Procure shoepeg corn on mine. Seems that was what the Kokes wanted. We were the only boat there, but by the time we left at 9:30, there were 4 other boats fishing and one launching.... AND THE SUN WAS OUT!!!!
    But for a quick trip, I can't complain and I finally got my boat fishing!
    Was great to get out, if you see me up there say "Hello".
    Good job considering what it was throwing at you early and welcome back to the water!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Turner Gulch is open finally

Fully open today, hours are sunrise to sunset.

thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast