Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default LP

Anyone tried for kokes the past few days? Been mighty quiet on the site lately!!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Anyone tried for kokes the past few days? Been mighty quiet on the site lately!!
    going to give it a try tomorrow will let ya know was up there thurs being a googin with my gran kids only saw about 6 fishing boats

Default Slow and Rough Fishing Report

I fished Friday the 7th, launched spring Shores 6:30 am, , fished straight across from the ramp, no bites very few fish on finder, went to Charcoal creek, no bites very few on the screen, tried the dam area, no bites, went back to spring shores area about 11:0 am and caught 2 slim rockets, ( bows ) released, continued fishing until 2 pm caught one kok about 12" released before he got into the boat and starting about 10:30 the lake got rough from wake boarders, it was like fishing in a agitator washing machine, all fishing was done DR at 55' using kokabow dodgers of various colors and squids of various colors and changing leader lengths between the dodger and squid, talked to 3 other boats, one boat got one, the other two boats had none, Slow and Rough.

Thanks for the info..With a decent bite midsummer, I assumed it would just get better when they began to stage. Go figure!! Again, thanks for the info. Mike

Default Lucky Peak

I think that I have wasted enough hours this year chasing the koks at Lucky Peak. Let the a-hole wake boats have the lake. Went to Peddit Lake last of June. F&G have not planted any Koks for 52 years. They say that the lake has brook, cutthroat, bass, rainbow, and Bull. In my option the only fish are Bull trout. Got snowed on the first two days. Scouted third day, all fish were below 60 ft. Fish the forth day without a strike. I was the only boat on the lake. Two to four paddle boarders at the shallow outlet end. Most were hikers. A beautiful little campground, only nine campsites. A very good trip, but likely not go back.
    17' Invader White center console (Boston Whaler clone) with 90 hp Mercury and Merc kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaGoo View Post
    I think that I have wasted enough hours this year chasing the koks at Lucky Peak. Let the a-hole wake boats have the lake. Went to Peddit Lake last of June. F&G have not planted any Koks for 52 years. They say that the lake has brook, cutthroat, bass, rainbow, and Bull. In my option the only fish are Bull trout. Got snowed on the first two days. Scouted third day, all fish were below 60 ft. Fish the forth day without a strike. I was the only boat on the lake. Two to four paddle boarders at the shallow outlet end. Most were hikers. A beautiful little campground, only nine campsites. A very good trip, but likely not go back.
    today at LP had some action landed 7 koks three went back ( dinks ) kept one 18 in and three 13-14 in good to even see small ones maybe better things to come one big squaw fish thought i had a monster kok NOT quit by noon

Default Owner

Fished 4 hours this morning at Lucky Peak, caught one about 10 inches and lost another at boat, pink and silver dodger at 35 feet. Left when wake boaters woke up, for once did not get blown off.

Default 8/15-/16 report

fished 4 hrs in the morning each day. caught 1 dink. Marked noticeably less fish than in July. saw a few across from Spring Shores, Birch creek, Gooseneck. nothing at the dam, saw the most fish at charcoal. fish were 40-60' deep in 80-100' of water on the north bank. I think i'm throwing in the towel for Kokes on LP this season. Had a pretty decent year I think with all things considered. See ya next year.

Quote Originally Posted by msusprtn View Post
    fished 4 hrs in the morning each day. caught 1 dink. Marked noticeably less fish than in July. saw a few across from Spring Shores, Birch creek, Gooseneck. nothing at the dam, saw the most fish at charcoal. fish were 40-60' deep in 80-100' of water on the north bank. I think i'm throwing in the towel for Kokes on LP this season. Had a pretty decent year I think with all things considered. See ya next year.
    caught three Friday 13-14 in kept all as they where bleeding - usually dont keep under 14 - got a couple dinks back in water - one trout and one big squaw - googins ran us off by 11 - maybe now that school is on might be a little more peaceful during the week - any reports from Anderson ?

Default 14 hits boated 7 Kok & 1 Trout

Fished today from 8:00AM until 1:45PM. We took home 7 Kokanee size from 12 ~ !4". 1 Trout 13" the trout was bleeding so that we kept.
    It was windy in the morning and die down about noon. Water temp 66 deg.F. Fish very shallow. We caught first few fish right on top. After I release the line about 35" and start to clip on the DR releaser then it hit. Caught 2 more right on top then later we fish from 3' to 15' with DR, Kokabow slinger + pink squid + fire corn. Long line 1.1/4 Oz Ford fender + kokabow kingfisher spiner + white corn+ herring scent. 80' line out. Trolling speed 1.5 MPH.
    We'll have fresh Kok BBQ tonight.

Last edited by fish4kok; 08-24-2020 at 08:35 PM. Reason: add picture
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Glad to see someone.....finally.....figure it out. We're heading up Thursday
    A.M. Thanks for sharing info. Mike

t

Was on the water at 8:30 until about 2:15. I only managed to catch 2 pike minnows . Beautiful day on the water, but the wake boarders were starting to churn things up by afternoon. I did get to talk to Fish4kokes for a few minutes.....he and his wife did better than me. Oh well.....next time. By the way, the water lever is starting to drop. Lots of the camping site docks sitting high and dry. Going to be slim pickings for boat campers on Labor Day weekend.

Pauli

Default Yesterday storm was for blaming :-)

We did better on last Monday. Today was much slower and we took home 3- 14" Kokanee. All the fish I caught were at 15' deep with DR. Wife's fishing pole set at vary-depth from 22' down to 33', all the fish she caught that got loose when it close to the boat. Long line pole had 1 hit but didn't hook.
    The water dropped 11' so far, they drain the reservoir about 1'/day.
    Tight lines! Good luck to you all!
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    We did better on last Monday. Today was much slower and we took home 3- 14" Kokanee. All the fish I caught were at 15' deep with DR. Wife's fishing pole set at vary-depth from 22' down to 33', all the fish she caught that got loose when it close to the boat. Long line pole had 1 hit but didn't hook.
    The water dropped 11' so far, they drain the reservoir about 1'/day.
    Tight lines! Good luck to you all!
    yesterday a LP - three - 12-14 in koks - had to keep as where bleeding think im done - leave these little guys for next year - shame to keep killing them - if there is any big ones I cant find them

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    yesterday a LP - three - 12-14 in koks - had to keep as where bleeding think im done - leave these little guys for next year - shame to keep killing them - if there is any big ones I cant find them
    Looking for a romp in the gravel??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123